• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High For Sale List As Excel File

106 posts in this topic

In the 90s it was often 3x - 4x. These days the ratio can vary much more significantly from 1x - 10x. The widespread interest in the CGC grade of high grade comics means that the Church aspect, while important, is much less important than it was. The Heritage archives are an excellent resource if you would like to view past history of Church prices.

In the 90s it was often 3x - 4x. These days the ratio can vary much more significantly from 1x - 10x. The widespread interest in the CGC grade of high grade comics means that the Church aspect, while important, is much less important than it was. The Heritage archives are an excellent resource if you would like to view past history of Church prices.

+1, after watching them for the last 20 years. Also, adamstrange is the man. (worship)

I was just thinking of something.

What would it cost to reassemble the Edgar Church/Mile High run today? I'm asking this because the Thrilling Comics MH run sold for about $600,000 and the Zip run for about $200,000 this year. Those 2 runs were not complete either, but both runs added up to about 80 books and about $800,000. If those 2 runs were complete they probably would have sold for about $1,000,000.

So, if only 2 MH runs of about 130 books are worth about $1,000,000, then what is the entire collection of 18,000 comics worth? (shrug)

[font:Times New Roman]I'd dearly love :luhv: to have back my old Mile High/Church Silver Streak #7 & 8 (both were graded NM+ but the #8 had some minor structural issues, as I recall). I can still remember paying $600 for the #7 out of Chuck's catalog (that was a lot of money for a double or triple Guide priced book in the 70's).

This year I've acquired Church copies of Zip #27 (originally graded NM in the catalog, now it's 9.2) in the CC auction, Air Fighters #2 (orig. NM+ in the catalog, but downgraded to a 7.5 for an almost imperceptible moisture stain on the BC), All New #9 (orig. NM+ now 9.4), Plastic Man #7 (orig. NM+ now 8.5) and Plastic Man #16 ("unlisted" in PDF file, now 9.6).

I'm curious about that last book as it doesn't have the familiar hallmarks of a Church copy (penciled arrival codes), but the grade and overall appearance seems to bear out the pedigree status.[/font] hm

img_PlasticMan16_155.jpg

I was just thinking of something.

What would it cost to reassemble the Edgar Church/Mile High run today? I'm asking this because the Thrilling Comics MH run sold for about $600,000 and the Zip run for about $200,000 this year. Those 2 runs were not complete either, but both runs added up to about 80 books and about $800,000. If those 2 runs were complete they probably would have sold for about $1,000,000.

So, if only 2 MH runs of about 130 books are worth about $1,000,000, then what is the entire collection of 18,000 comics worth? (shrug)

:o There really needs to be a "fainting" smiley.

Just imagine what the top ten titles would go for. HUGE money.

I would love to see the whole Timely run on display. :cloud9:

I would like to see it on display in my house.

I'd settle for being allowed to see it on display in your house. :insane:

I was thinking last night, playing "what if" scenarios and realised that if a collector had found the Church collection - let's say someone like BangZoom ;) ,instead of dealer Chuck, that it would likely still be intact today.

Imagine the possibilities. BZ quietly holds onto it and then on the Boards, years later, does a slow reveal - just as he's done with his own fantastic collection.

Imagine the frenzy, the speculation and all that but the best bit would be the knowledge that the collection was still together.

Idle speculation, I know, but fun to contemplate.

Doll Man #42 for $12.00 NM - Mile High List

Doll Man #42 for $325 CGC 8.0 - wwwcomics.com

http://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=DollMan_42_88664

Someone really mis-handled the book.

[font:Times New Roman]Not necessarily.

Chuck's grading was typical for the 1970's, without any point system for reference or grade delineation covering specific types of flaws in books. His NM+ grade could be broadly interpreted and reflected overall appearance (eye appeal) with less emphasis on the minutiae.

[/font]