• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unrestored Blue Label

114 posts in this topic

I agree 100% with using one color label and simply noting whether the book is restored on the label in text. I wish CGC would do this.

In some ways, I prefer CGG's method of doing things: have a restoration policy and be consistent with it among all ages. The fact that CGC will give the same book a dreaded PLOD depending if it's a Gold or Silver book seems kinda inconsistent to me.

New update in my email box from Daniel:

"We would be happy to extend this offer to THE BEYONDER and old guy as well, and Dice X if he is interested. As I am sure you will, all we ask is your honest opinion on our grading and services.

Daniel"

I want a freebie too!!! I'll even post the results on here.

"We would be happy to extend this offer to THE BEYONDER and old guy as well, and Dice X if he is interested. As I am sure you will, all we ask is your honest opinion on our grading and services.

Daniel"

Daniel"

KUDOS to smokinghawk and CGG! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Can you PM me the necessary info?

Hmmm.... so apparently the squeaky wheel really does get the majority of the grease?

If I turn my vitriolic temperment toward CGG, will I too receive a generous "complimentary offer" at some point?

*Suggestion: each of the people who've been given a free slabbing submission from CGG should conduct a different experiment...

- one should submit a CGCed book, after unslabbing of course, that has been given a PLOD, to see if CGG catches the same resto

- one should submit a Qualified (green label) CGCed book, to see how it fares in CGG's system

- one should take a cheap book and do some minor trimming to the cover (or crack a CGCed book that got a PLOD for trimming),

etc. etc.

Daniel"

KUDOS to smokinghawk and CGG! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Can you PM me the necessary info?

I don't work for CGG, so I don't have any other info that what I've posted. I assume you can just go through the website and reference this thread in your submission form to claim the free submission.

Daniel"

Well, my hat is off. I'll be sending in my book this week and I'll post my thoughts when it comes back.

*Suggestion: each of the people who've been given a free slabbing submission from CGG should conduct a different experiment...

- one should submit a CGCed book, after unslabbing of course, that has been given a PLOD, to see if CGG catches the same resto

- one should submit a Qualified (green label) CGCed book, to see how it fares in CGG's system

- one should take a cheap book and do some minor trimming to the cover (or crack a CGCed book that got a PLOD for trimming),

etc. etc.

I don't have any comics with known restoration or qualified. I will however be cracking a universal slab for the book I'm sending in.

The more I think about the more trouble I'm having deciding. I don't have super HG CGCed books, so that's not an option. Most of mine fall in the 8.0 - 9.2 range. I have a red label bronze book in that range that I think should have been graded .5 higher. Do I send in that one? Or should I send in one that I think is graded accurately? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a red label bronze book in that range that I think should have been graded .5 higher. Do I send in that one? Or should I send in one that I think is graded accurately? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Send in one that you think was accurate. That will give you a better idea as to whether they are tougher graders or more lenient than CGC.