• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre Robin Detectives and maybe even some other golden and silver age !

419 posts in this topic

Where is the 58?
I can't find it :cry:

I found a scan of it, just can't physically locate the book...

here is the scan to wet your appetite until I can discover either 1) where it is or 2) when I lost it, or 3)when I sold it and forgot to record

mf58-1.jpg

munching.gif

I went through every box 2x...not here so have to track back

:cry:

Detective #37 CGC 6.5 OWW takeit.gif

Firmly ensconced in its new home:

DSC_0003.jpg

Thanks a million, Rick!

:applause:

my lord!!!! those knobs look like real brass!

goodness gracious...only parker

next up, MF 55...moderate restoration...first dr Fate (though sadly no cover appearance)...an 8.5 would "guide" at 15K or so...so, I have been offering at 20% of guide ...it has been priced at $3K at conventions throughout 2010, but as a special holiday offering, a one time price drop to a very firm $2495

for comparison sake, there is currently a 7.0 mod in the market being offered at $3K...so this is surely a holiday bargain for someone (thumbs u

mf55-1-1.jpg

:takeit:

attaboy buddy.

next up, MF 55...moderate restoration...first dr Fate (though sadly no cover appearance)...an 8.5 would "guide" at 15K or so...so, I have been offering at 20% of guide ...it has been priced at $3K at conventions throughout 2010, but as a special holiday offering, a one time price drop to a very firm $2495

for comparison sake, there is currently a 7.0 mod in the market being offered at $3K...so this is surely a holiday bargain for someone (thumbs u

mf55-1-1.jpg

attaboy buddy.

Thanks geek. I'm inching closer to having the set. :wishluck:

Where is the 58?
I can't find it :cry:

I found a scan of it, just can't physically locate the book...

here is the scan to wet your appetite until I can discover either 1) where it is or 2) when I lost it, or 3)when I sold it and forgot to record

mf58-1.jpg

munching.gif

I went through every box 2x...not here so have to track back

:cry:

One of my all time favorite covers :cloud9:

Still waiting for the JIM #83 to come up! :-)

...or ar you holding back for the movie like everyone else? As long as it isn't a Jonah Hex though...

I have 9 copies total of jim 83, but some are still in transit to me, so will wait for all to arrive then post...might be a week or so, but we have a 1.0, 1.5, 4.0, 3x cgc 5.0, 2x cgc 6.0, 1 x 7.5 and just sold the 9.0 (great price, but sad to see go)

so, you can stay tuned, as I don't have all books to scan yet

here is a "winner" of a book...9.0 Mod, great pq, etc etc...my asking price as never been below $1500 (again, my cost)...

but in the spirit of giving, how about $1,000 (super duper firm)

mf61-1.jpg

Arrived today with cross border shipping :o

Outstanding! Thanks Rick (thumbs u Ty

here is a "winner" of a book...9.0 Mod, great pq, etc etc...my asking price as never been below $1500 (again, my cost)...

but in the spirit of giving, how about $1,000 (super duper firm)

mf61-1.jpg

Arrived today with cross border shipping :o

Outstanding! Thanks Rick (thumbs u Ty

24 hours from Take it to another "country"...gotta love the era we live in lol

Recap of the stuff I can't afford here: :o

Page 1:

detective 27, cgc 7.0 Mod restoration (you should be able to read the label for details of work)...$79,999

detective 28 cgc 5.5...$25,999

detective 29, cgc 7.0....$84,999 **ON HOLD**

detective 30, cgc 4.0 Crippen copy...$3,999

Page 5:

action 7...$29,999 (I mean, if folks think that the unrestored 8.0 would resell for 200K, why wouldn't this copy be worth 15%)

action 10....$9,999

action 13....$9,999

Page 16:

Startling Comics 47...$399

Startling Comics 48...$449

Startling Comics 50...$299

Page 20:

Amazing Fantasy 15...cgc 4.5...pretty dern nice looking 4.5 if I say so myself...asking price is not for the faint at heart, but this is clearly a superior looking (and pq) copy compared to the copy filter81 and I sold on ebay for 7601 recently...so, have to value it as such...$8495

AF15 is a consigned copy, cgc 5.0...pretty sweet too, me thinks... $10,495

ASM 1, cgc 3.5, Stan Lee SS (I was put in my place when I said I didn't think his sig should significantly increase value of a book, so going to price as the masses demand ).... $3795

ASM 1 cgc 4.0...$2995

ASM 1 cgc 5.5...$5495

Page 21:

Avengers 1 cgc 7.0....$5995

Avengers 4 cgc 7.0....$1250

Avengers 4 cgc 8.0....$2595

Avengers 4 cgc 9.2....$9995

Page 23:

BB 29...cgc 6.0, note the ow to w pq ...$595

FF 1 cgc 6.5 (copy a)...we had 3 copies, then I bought a 4th, all cgc 6.5...have sold 2 of the 4, so here is copy A...$11,495 (and for any of you with GPA, you will note this sale

Feb-23-2010 $12,250 Cert# 0700606002 , so I am actually asking under cost for this book, due to cost averaging)

FF 1 6.5 copy b...$11,750 (comic link has sold a couple of 6.0's at 9800 and 10250, as a fyi)

Page 24:

Hulk 1 cgc 6.5....10,995 (again, this price is more based on eye appeal, than technical grade)...looks as nice as any 7.0 I have seen (in my humble opinion, and you won't find a 7.0 for less than 11K)

Page 34:

More Fun 54... I believe my purchase of this book was well chronicled on the boards a few years back...truly one of those buy the book, not the grade (cuz I would buy every 5.5 in the world on my want list if they looked this good!)...my purchase price was $6100 in 2007...so, with deflation, and current economic conditions, I will offer this at a very firm $5995 (note, the 3% cash discount would still apply)...

MF 59...now this book is from same collection as the 55...cgc designated ext, but it is on the low end (as in borderline mod/ext), as I had this book raw for some time before I slabbed it...previously offered at $1000+, a one time holiday price drop to $795 ( again, pretty dern firm in this price, as it is a 20% loss already for me)...

MF 62 ...but, it is pretty dern nice, cgc 7.5 with ow to white pages...how about $1995 (again, I have never offered below $2250 before...and if memory serves me, this book might have been pressed)...

More Fun 65... I had a $4K clink offer on this book 2 years ago when I was asking $4500 for it (doh! ) but, this book, while still very desirable, has cooled off significantly over the past 2 years...so, my $3K convention asking price is going to be dropped here on the boards, to a once time $1995 price...how's that

Great stuff here. :applause: Looks like someone could have bought the Action 7 for $25K if they had jumped on it early in the year.
like a fine wine action 7 just keeps appreciating