• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre Robin Detectives and maybe even some other golden and silver age !

419 posts in this topic

Any more books coming? :popcorn:
yep...just have a lot of work to do today.... will ad some early Planets, some More Funs, some more SA keys, etc...stay tuned!

More Fun 54, 55, 58, 72-81?

yes, yes, yes, No-no (already sold them)

just an update for the fine folks out there, and I am sure this time of year, most everyone can appreciate...I have had kid activity all weekend (holiday parades, basketball games, tennis matches, volleyball camp, church programs, etc), and as you know, kids come WAY before comics, so I haven't had time to scan a single book, but I plan too (thumbs u ...just been phone posting when I can... but I plan to be at the computer some tomorrow morning, and more funs are on the tentative list ...

so, without further ado (have no idea, just sounded good), I present for everyone's consideration, some More Fun comics at prices so low, it makes my head spin lol

First up, one of the best DC Golden age comics there are...More Fun 54... I believe my purchase of this book was well chronicled on the boards a few years back...truly one of those buy the book, not the grade (cuz I would buy every 5.5 in the world on my want list if they looked this good!)...my purchase price was $6100 in 2007...so, with deflation, and current economic conditions, I will offer this at a very firm $5995 (note, the 3% cash discount would still apply)...

mf54-1.jpg

next up, MF 55...moderate restoration...first dr Fate (though sadly no cover appearance)...an 8.5 would "guide" at 15K or so...so, I have been offering at 20% of guide ...it has been priced at $3K at conventions throughout 2010, but as a special holiday offering, a one time price drop to a very firm $2495

for comparison sake, there is currently a 7.0 mod in the market being offered at $3K...so this is surely a holiday bargain for someone (thumbs u

mf55-1-1.jpg

how about a MF 59...now this book is from same collection as the 55...cgc designated ext, but it is on the low end (as in borderline mod/ext), as I had this book raw for some time before I slabbed it...previously offered at $1000+, a one time holiday price drop to $795 ( again, pretty dern firm in this price, as it is a 20% loss already for me)...

mf59-1.jpg

here is a "winner" of a book...9.0 Mod, great pq, etc etc...my asking price as never been below $1500 (again, my cost)...

but in the spirit of giving, how about $1,000 (super duper firm)

mf61-1.jpg

next, the "best" of the bunch ( yeah, I know) ...#62...but, it is pretty dern nice, cgc 7.5 with ow to white pages...how about $1995 (again, I have never offered below $2250 before...and if memory serves me, this book might have been pressed)...

mf62cgc75.jpg

last More Fun is #65... I had a $4K clink offer on this book 2 years ago when I was asking $4500 for it (doh! )

but, this book, while still very desirable, has cooled off significantly over the past 2 years...

so, my $3K convention asking price is going to be dropped here on the boards, to a once time $1995 price...how's that :foryou:

mf65-1.jpg

here is a "winner" of a book...9.0 Mod, great pq, etc etc...my asking price as never been below $1500 (again, my cost)...

mf61-1.jpg

:takeit:

mf61-1.jpg

:takeit:
:applause:

next up, MF 55...moderate restoration...first dr Fate (though sadly no cover appearance)...an 8.5 would "guide" at 15K or so...so, I have been offering at 20% of guide ...it has been priced at $3K at conventions throughout 2010, but as a special holiday offering, a one time price drop to a very firm $2495

for comparison sake, there is currently a 7.0 mod in the market being offered at $3K...so this is surely a holiday bargain for someone (thumbs u

mf55-1-1.jpg

That seems like a very good deal; best of luck with the sale Rick. (thumbs u