• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scoring Changes

250 posts in this topic

Yeah, I don't know why I'm so happy. I guess it was mainly because I survived my NH morning commute in the storm. lol

I had to fly into Florida Monday with a layover in North Carolina.

:eek:

Not pretty in NC, but folks in Florida were complaining because it was only 62 degrees.

lol

Yeah, I don't know why I'm so happy. I guess it was mainly because I survived my NH morning commute in the storm. lol

I had to fly into Florida Monday with a layover in North Carolina.

:eek:

Not pretty in NC, but folks in Florida were complaining because it was only 62 degrees.

lol

lol

• Administrator

I'm still waiting on assistance with X-Men, Batman and Detective so I'm starting the scoring requests in the meanwhile.

-FF - Silver Surfer issues - DONE

-TMNT #4 Manf. Error and #3 Variant - DONE

- Eerie #17 - DONE (should this whole set be re-evaluated???)

-Action Comics #252 - DONE

-Albedo #2 - DONE (should any other issues in this set be changed?)

-New Mutants #98 - DONE

-Crow #1

-Rocketeer Set

- All Negro Comics

-Crime SuspenStories #22

-Phantom Lady #17

-Reform School Girl

-Magnus Robot Fighter #1

-Crime Does Not Pay #22

-Archer & Armstron #0 Gold

-Our Army at War #242

-Wolv. LS #1 (lower)

-Sandman #19 error ed (lower)

As for the bronze scoring changes (cheetah) do you have a range of issues that I should focus on?

OK, are there any others???

Defenders 30+

Marvel Team-up 30+

Avengers 200+

Fantastic Four 300+

Doctor Strange 20+

Daredevil +00+

Ms. Marvel All

John Carter, Warlord of Mars

For comparison, look at Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Conan, Alpha Flight,

Hi Gemma.

I checked the Albedo registry set, and using 9.8's as the baseline to check the scores, here is what is shown currently. I won't even touch on Albedo 0, as with all those versions shown in the registry it would be a project unto itself to address.

----------------------------

Albedo 1 CGC 9.8 - 200 (Dark Red)

Albedo 1 CGC 9.8 - 65 (Bright Red)

Albedo 2 CGC 9.8 - 4400

Albedo 3 CGC 9.8 - 160

Albedo 4 CGC 9.8 - 200

Albedo 5 CGC 9.8 - 200

Albedo 6 CGC 9.8 - 40

Albedo 7 CGC 9.8 - 40

Albedo 8 CGC 9.8 - Not listed, but there are two graded books in the census.

My recommended changes:

Albedo 1 Bright Red CGC 9.8 - 100 points - Although a later printing, these still sell quite well as they are sought after by Albedo completest. I'd also recommend giving it a dedicated slot rather than mixing it in with the Dark Red edition.

Albedo 3 CGC 9.8 - 200 points - This contains the 2nd appearance of Usagi, and Part I of the story that shows up in Albedo 4; not sure there should be a difference in points.

Albedo 6-8 CGC 9.8 - 50 points each - Although nothing significant in the way of character appearance, these books are 25 years old and sought after by Albedo completest.

Albedo 9-14 CGC 9.8 - 50 points each - There are none graded yet, but I would recommend the same scores once I someone submits them.

Thanks for all your valuable assistance. :foryou:

Gemma, I'd also like to recommend adjusting the Nexus registry set.

Current scores:

Nexus 1 CGC 9.8 - 192 points.

Nexus 2 CGC 9.8 - 160 points

Nexus 3 CGC 9.8 - 128 points

Nexus v2, 1-50 CGC 9.8 - 40 points

My recommended changes:

Nexus 1 CGC 9.8 - 400 points - This is an extremely tough book to track down in 9.0 or higher grades, let alone at the 9.8 range. Although not a super-key like some of the other Copper Age creations (e.g. The Crow, Grendel, TMNT), it is still considered one of the more memorable character launches to come out of this period of comics. It brought Mike Baron and Steve Rude into the comic creator spotlight due to its impact and content. This book also launched the Capital Comics line, made up of Nexus, Badger, and Whisper. More key than most would realize.

And when I look at other Copper Age independent 1st appearances (The Crow at 600 points, Grendel at 1,040 points, TMNT at 11,000 points), 400 points isn't that far a stretch to assign to this book.

Nexus v2, 1-6 CGC 9.8 - 60 points each - These were the last of the Capital Comics run before changing over to First Comics.

Thank you for considering this request.

Gemma, since you are using this section to update/fix any scores for now, I wanted to point out a discrepancy with Destroyer Duck 1.

In the Groo set, DD 1 CGC 9.8 receives 128 points, but in the DD standalone set, it comes up as 80 points.

Thanks so much for your efforts.

HOLY!

Gemma, you implemented all these changes in one big implementation.

(worship)

On Albedo #4 (3rd appearance of Usagi), this dropped down from 200 points to 48 points. I'd recommend leaving that one at 200 points. The other changes look great.

Thanks for all the amazing work.

• Administrator

All I have left are:

Detective, Batman, X-Men - Waiting on upload

Errors on Tales to Astonish, Strange Tales, Incredible Hulk (different scores in different sets) - waiting on assistance from web team

Crow #1 (though I might leave it...still looking into it) :shrug:

Avengers 200+ (same here, still researching) :shrug:

Wolverine Limited Series - point decrease

Sandman #19 error - point decrease

Any others? (thumbs u

Gemma, on the Rocketeer changes, there are some points differences across the associated registry sets.

In the Rocketeer registry set, the points break out like this:

- Starslayer 2 CGC 9.8 = 88 points

- Starslayer 3 CGC 9.8 = 64 points

- Pacific Presents 1 CGC 9.8 = 48 points

- Pacific Presents 2 CGC 9.8 = 48 points

- Rocketeer Special 1 CGC 9.8 = 40 points

In the Starslayer registry set, the points break out like this:

- Starslayer 2 CGC 9.8 = 64 points

- Starslayer 3 CGC 9.8 = 48 points

In the Pacific Presents registry set, the points break out like this:

- Pacific Presents 1 CGC 9.8 = 60 points

- Pacific Presents 2 CGC 9.8 = 60 points

I'd like to recommend the points for these books be standardized across all three sets to the following levels, if possible:

- Starslayer 2 CGC 9.8 = 100 points

- Starslayer 3 CGC 9.8 = 60 points

- Pacific Presents 1 CGC 9.8 = 60 points

- Pacific Presents 2 CGC 9.8 = 60 points

- Rocketeer Special 1 CGC 9.8 = 60 points

Thank you again for all your efforts.

I realize the challenge would be it coming close to equalling the same points as Caliber Presents 1 (600 points). At 480 points, The Crow 1 definitely stands out from the other books. From that standpoint, leave it alone.

But I would like to recommend Caliber Presents #15 be assigned 150 points as this book is super-tough in high grade to track down versus the 64 points it has right now.

And though not part of the Crow registry, Deadworld #10 is the 1st cameo appearance of the Crow and the 1st Caliber Presents comic. Today it is assigned 26 points for a CGC 9.8. I would like to recommend this be adjusted to 100 points, as it is another very tough Copper Age book to track down in any nice shape.

DW10_98_bc.jpg

Gemma, just wondering about the DC 100 page books.

This set was on your list on sets to update but it hasn't been updated and it's not mentioned as one of the last sets to be updated in your more recent post.

Is it held up by the Detective set change?

Just curious.

xoxo

greggy

I realize the challenge would be it coming close to equalling the same points as Caliber Presents 1 (600 points). At 480 points, The Crow 1 definitely stands out from the other books. From that standpoint, leave it alone.

But I would like to recommend Caliber Presents #15 be assigned 150 points as this book is super-tough in high grade to track down versus the 64 points it has right now.

And though not part of the Crow registry, Deadworld #10 is the 1st cameo appearance of the Crow and the 1st Caliber Presents comic. Today it is assigned 26 points for a CGC 9.8. I would like to recommend this be adjusted to 100 points, as it is another very tough Copper Age book to track down in any nice shape.

DW10_98_bc.jpg

Although, I bumbled into mine, I agree with Nick on how hard finding a Deadworld #10 in high grade is.

DSC026921.jpg

...and don't get me started on Caliber Presents #15 books(once again, bumbled into mine).

DSC00684.jpg

I guess that's the kind of Crow collector, I am. lol

clouseau.jpg

DW10_98_bc.jpg

Although, I bumbled into mine, I agree with Nick on how hard finding a Deadworld #10 in high grade is.

DSC026921.jpg

...and don't get me started on Caliber Presents #15 books(once again, bumbled into mine).

DSC00684.jpg

I guess that's the kind of Crow collector, I am. lol

clouseau.jpg

lol

• Administrator

This set was on your list on sets to update but it hasn't been updated and it's not mentioned as one of the last sets to be updated in your more recent post.

Just curious.

xoxo

greggy

I changed the few that had not yet been affected, but left Batman and Detective as they were as they will be updated when those entire sets are updated. Let me know if I missed any other issues in that set.

Just curious.

xoxo

greggy

I changed the few that had not yet been affected, but left Batman and Detective as they were as they will be updated when those entire sets are updated. Let me know if I missed any other issues in that set.

Thanks, but it appears that the only issues that were changed were the DC 100 Page Super Spectaculars and the Superboy 185.

That is 13 of the 115 books in the set. The Batmans and the Detectives are another 17 books so it leaves 85 other books that have not been changed.

Will these books be changed eventually?

Thanks--Greg