• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scoring Changes

250 posts in this topic

My TOS run saw a bump a close to 3,000 points but I went down in tier overall. That will change tomorrow when I pick up 16 TOS from CGC and enter them all tomorrow night. I'm hoping to crack the top 20!

I think an update of points was a good idea. Some of the points for key books in mid grade seemed low

Kudos to Gemma and to CGC for continuing to improve the registry.

It looks like Gemma adjusted the points for Daredevil today.

You are not kidding. I just checked my Miller run, and it appears to have some major changes.

What's the mindset on Daredevil 158 being worth more than Daredevil 168? I realize #158 is Miller's first artwork on the title after the two-issue Spectacular Spider-Man Daredevil appearance. But #168 is where he finally took creative control (previously, he had shared writing credits with someone else), so I would assume this would be worth more points over art credit.

And sure, it has the 1st appearance of Elektra. But she is more a B or C-player over the years, so not as significant. I still appreciate her appearances, though.

• Administrator

That was a tough one, as there were complaints that 180, 181 and 182 went down, but actually only 181 had gone down and that was because I only checked GPA and not the previous scores. The lower score is more accurate to value, but I do realize that it is collectible and desirable so I tried to increase it along the same lines as the other two issues. If anyone has a clearer suggestion of the value that should be used, I'm happy to consider changing it again...

I get where you are coming from Gemma, as no matter how many copies of Incredible Hulk 181 are in the census, they seem to always sell well.

In comparing some of the Bronze Age heavy-hitters, I wanted to see how this book would compare in point-order.

- Incredible Hulk 181 = 7,800 points

- GS X-Men 1 = 3,400 points

- House of Secrets 92 = 2,600 points

- Green Lantern 76 = 1,500 points

- Amazing Spider-Man 129 = 1,410 points

I was surprised, as I expected GL 76 to be the top dog due to the continuing market demand for this book above all others. Maybe in this case with these books, the points can reflect their rank-order of very high market demand, in addition to price?

Gemma:

As long as you're in adjustment mode, you might want to take a look at Amazing Fantasy #15.

It might be a bit off if you compare it to FF #1 or Hulk #1, for example.

FF #1 in 9.2 = 105,000 points

Hulk #1 in 9.2 = 97,500 points

AF #15 in 9.2 = 54,000 points

Thanks!

It looks like Gemma adjusted the points for Daredevil today.

I like what I see. I had 38% of my Miller DD's in 9.8, but I was still behind those who just had #158 in 9.8. With the changes I have passed those people, which I think is a little more accurate. Thank you.

Did a bunch of Bronze/Copper age books get bumps?

Gemma:

As long as you're in adjustment mode, you might want to take a look at Amazing Fantasy #15.

Thanks!

I pointed that out earlier. AF15 is WAY undervalued.

My 7.0 AF15 is 7500 points with a GPA value close to $30,000.

My 8.5 X-men1 is 8700 points with a GPA value under $13,000.

(shrug)

Gemma:

Thanks!

I pointed that out earlier. AF15 is WAY undervalued.

My 7.0 AF15 is 7500 points with a GPA value close to $30,000.

My 8.5 X-men1 is 8700 points with a GPA value under $13,000.

(shrug)

It looks like the points for AF #15 were adjusted today.

7.0 was 7500, now = 11,550

9.2 was 54,000, now = 82,500

The points may still be a bit low when compared to similar books or GPA, but they're way better than before.

The new scoring has placed me right next to Greggy on the master list. Feels kinda creepy being so close to him. :o

lol

I'm was directly behind greggy a few days ago. Not sure what else changed other than the AF15, but somehow i moved ahead of him the last couple days (shrug)

Whatever Gemma is doing has DEFINITELY helped my registry bigtime! Without adding anything, i've gained over 15,000 points and moved up like 30 spots

The new scoring has placed me right next to Greggy on the master list. Feels kinda creepy being so close to him. :o

lol

I'm was directly behind greggy a few days ago. Not sure what else changed other than the AF15, but somehow i moved ahead of him the last couple days (shrug)

Whatever Gemma is doing has DEFINITELY helped my registry bigtime! Without adding anything, i've gained over 15,000 points and moved up like 30 spots

Looks like my 3.5 AF #15 pushed me up as well. Wish I had your 7.0 though! (worship)