• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scoring Changes

250 posts in this topic

Showcase 22 deserves higher points on the registry. It's worth 1/3+ plus value of an AF15 in all grades and has a shot as being the most valuable DC Silver Age. A SC22 9.0 only 7500 points and 8.5 only 5000 points. (shrug) A 9.0 sold for about $60000 last year. Thanks in advance for your considerations.

Showcase 22 deserves higher points on the registry. It's worth 1/3+ plus value of an AF15 in all grades and has a shot as being the most valuable DC Silver Age. A SC22 9.0 only 7500 points and 8.5 only 5000 points. (shrug) A 9.0 sold for about $60000 last year. Thanks in advance for your considerations.
Im not sure if the registry should adjust for movie hype.

:censored: I dropped 5 spots! And i had just broken top 10 :(

You must not have any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mixed in with your Hulk books.

(shrug)

:cry:

I thought that a whole bunch of people had dropped off the registry when I logged on today and saw I was at 36 vs about 50 before. I had to come on here and look to see what was up. Definitely a large increase in Marvel points as that is almost all I have in my registry set, a number of books much closer to market value.

The DC guys have a point that a number of those sets should be updated as well.

Thanks for all the hard work you do Gemma

Yes, thank you VERY much Gemma!

All your hard work bumped me into the top 100 without having to spend the 15 grand or so it would have taken without the new point system! :banana:

Job well done! (thumbs u

• Administrator

Yes, but I have been tied up with another project as well. The following sets will be "adjusted" (based upon requests from this thread):

Action Comics

Wonder Woman

Showcase

Sub Mariner

Tales to Astonish

Brave and Bold

Justice League of America

Adventure

Green Lantern

Flash

Batman (Complete)

DC 52-Page Comics

DC 80 Page Giant

DC 100 Page Books

Detective Comics (Complete)

Ghosts

House of Mystery #1-#173

Our Army At War #81-#301

Phantom Stranger (1969)

Sandman (1974)

Secrets of Haunted House

Secrets of Sinister House

Shadow (1973)

Strange Adventures (1950)

Strange Adventures #205-#216

Superman Family

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen

Swamp Thing #1-#24 (1972)

Tomahawk

Unexpected #105-#222

Weird War Tales

Weird Western Tales

Witching Hour

World's Finest (1941)

X-Men

But I will be sure to let everyone know when these are completed!

Yes, but I have been tied up with another project as well. The following sets will be "adjusted" (based upon requests from this thread):

Action Comics

Wonder Woman

Showcase

Sub Mariner

Tales to Astonish

Brave and Bold

Justice League of America

Adventure

Green Lantern

Flash

Batman (Complete)

DC 52-Page Comics

DC 80 Page Giant

DC 100 Page Books

Detective Comics (Complete)

Ghosts

House of Mystery #1-#173

Our Army At War #81-#301

Phantom Stranger (1969)

Sandman (1974)

Secrets of Haunted House

Secrets of Sinister House

Shadow (1973)

Strange Adventures (1950)

Strange Adventures #205-#216

Superman Family

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen

Swamp Thing #1-#24 (1972)

Tomahawk

Unexpected #105-#222

Weird War Tales

Weird Western Tales

Witching Hour

World's Finest (1941)

X-Men

I'm happy to see DC is getting the recognitions it deserves.

I'd like to ask that you look at the Bronze and Copper age Avengers, Defenders and Marvel Team-ups. They are currently given the same point values as moderns and they are 35 years old. There may be some other BA and CA titles that warrant it, too, but these are the ones I'm most familiar with.

Seriously, if there has been a large gap in Marvel and DC registry points across Golden and Silver Age, I can see why these need to be addressed first. It just seems only right.

My consolidated recommendations would be the following when the time is right:

- Albedo 2: Enough said on this one from more than just me.

- New Mutants 98: 35 points for a 9.8 just seems far too low.

- Crow #1: Although at a decent point level right now, 9.8's have sold in the $900 range and it is still one of the hottest Crow books (except for the shilled $500 copy that board members stayed away from). 480 points seems a tad low.

- Rocketeer Registry Set: Having the 1st appearance of the Rocketeer scored lower than the other books seems off, and especially since Stevens work like this is in strong demand.

Seriously, if there has been a large gap in Marvel and DC registry points across Golden and Silver Age, I can see why these need to be addressed first. It just seems only right.

- Crow #1: Although at a decent point level right now, 9.8's have sold in the $900 range and it is still one of the hottest Crow books (except for the shilled $500 copy that board members stayed away from). 480 points seems a tad low.

WHAT!!!!! only 35 points for a CGC 9.8 New Mutants #98 :o

Marvelfangirl is VERY disappointed :(

Get a 9.9. :baiting:

What is there like 7 of those now? hm

It's not like you are going to pay $12K for one. (:

Get a 9.9. :baiting:

What is there like 7 of those now? hm

It's not like you are going to pay $12K for one. (:

Good point lol

Thank-you for the quick reply Gemma!! I know I do not deserve the rank I am currently residing. After the DC boys n girls get their new points, I feel we should all be fairly squared away.

YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB GEMMA!!

Quite an undertaking.

Any chance you could reassess

All Negro Comics (gerber 9, historically very important, rare, highest is a 7.5, should be about 3-4x increase in score across all grades)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=96832

and Crime Suspenstories 22 ((routinely highly desirable book, should go up x4-6)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=96848

and Phantom Lady 17 (routinely highly desirable book, should go up x3)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=96893

and Reform School Girl (if prices are guides then this should go up x6-8)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=96898

Magnus Robot Fighter 1 (should go up 3x)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=96881

and Crime Does not Pay 22 (key book, hard to find in any grade, should go up 2-3x)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=96847

thanks for your consideration, Im not sure how much you are able to alter individual books, rather than the whole set, but these deserve a look