• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever seen this comic book???????

19 posts in this topic

Hi; Just curious about this book I purchased about 20 yrs ago or so in Miami.

My take is that this is a comic that was used in schools in jamaica to help teach elementary students about the history of Jamaica and that it was probably made in the early 1960's just after Jamaica's independence in 1962. Wondering if anyone else has a copy or have seen a copy. Thanks!!!

storyofJamaica.jpg

I have some silver age Flash from Australia that have a similar kind of price mark.

My Australian comics don't have any naked women on the cover though :(

Jamaica, like Australia, New Zealand, a few other former colonies, Great Britain and some other countries that I cannot, for the moment, recall had " Pounds Shillings and Pence" as the coin of the realm.

The symbol " /- " is that for the shilling, hence the price was two shillings.

I have some silver age Flash from Australia that have a similar kind of price mark.

Jamaica, like Australia, New Zealand, a few other former colonies, Great Britain and some other countries that I cannot, for the moment, recall had " Pounds Shillings and Pence" as the coin of the realm.

(thumbs u

Yeah, I googled it and only found 1 reference to it - a guy in England presumably trying to sell it.