• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Un-Official 2010 Secret Santa "What you got thread"

732 posts in this topic

Mail has been slow here, haven't gotten mine yet :(

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that :foryou:

Make it happen, Angelo

hm

Send them 12 boxes of Central Indiana Girl Guide cookies. (tsk)

I've tried, nickwire, I've tried. Here's my correspondence with your Secret Santa:

First I gave him your name, address and collecting preferences on Nov. 23/10

Collecting preferences(what you might like to receive): low low grade pre code horror (i dont own one) harley quinn slab? signed artist sketch books

Then he PM'd me this on Dec. 13/10

hmm....this stuff isn't exactly easy to come by, I'm starting to worry that I won't have it delivered by Christmas. I keep getting outbid on the pre code horror stuff and the only Harley Quinn slab I can find is a 9.9 on the bay for like $450. I'm all for community, but $450 isn't happening haha.

Can you just let the recipient know that I haven't forgotten about him, I'm just having some issues tracking this stuff down.

I PM'd nickwire and gave him this update.

On Dec. 14/10 I told nickwire's Secret Santa that finding low low grade pre-code horror should be very easy. Nickwire told me to tell his Secret Santa that "anything" will be great. Don't worry too much! 2c (I passed this on to his SS immediately)

I figured that the mail was slow, but nickwire posted again that he hadn't received anything. I PM'd the SS on Jan. 5/11. He wrote back the same day and said this:

Let him know I haven't forgotten him, I've been working seven days per week. Lots of work I know, but I think I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. First time I've been on the boards in a while, I just came to check in with you actually. I am going to get something sent off by the weekend for sure.

Well, if he got something out before the weekend for sure, then he sent off a package to nickwire on either the 6th or 7th of January. Either day, that's pretty much 2 weeks ago. His last post here on the boards was on Jan. 5th.

From the sounds of it, he's been busy. It also seems that he's a flake and can't be relied upon when he gives his word. Nonetheless, you have a back up Secret Santa who is not a flake, and your present(s) should arrive soon.

Sorry for this poor experience, nickwire. :foryou:

HH

This is a shame but I'm not buying it. Sure, life gets in the way, but over 2 months

without a gift or an apology is pretty sad.

There are lots of low grade, cool, precode Horror books for sale here relatively cheap and it isn't difficult to contact any of the dealers that hang out here and ask what they have in the price range. If time is a problem ask the seller to ship the item directly to your SS and send a card and perhaps a stocking stuffer yourself.

Andy, I wouldn't out this guy as it is all about Christmas but he shouldn't participate in the future.

Make it happen, Angelo

hm

One of us had to come through for Ellen :acclaim:

Make it happen, Angelo

hm

Pig :makepoint:

Make it happen, Angelo

hm

I wear it as a badge of honor, Po :headbang:

Make it happen, Angelo

hm

:mad:

Make it happen, Angelo

hm

Of all the people I know in BC, you're my favorite :foryou:

Make it happen, Angelo

hm

Of all the people I know in BC, you're my favorite :foryou:

:acclaim:

Andy, I wouldn't out this guy as it is all about Christmas but he shouldn't participate in the future.

I was thinking the same thing. This person does not need to be put on public display..... but you know.... if you can't participate, then just don't participate. Why screw somebody elses holiday fun up ??

I got my package today! Woot, it's perfect, thanks Ares!

Is Kubert doing any signings in the near future?

Glad it made it!

Didn't think it would take that long but I guess the mail system in Afghanistan gets bogged down during holidays!!!

Last week I received a GIANT freaking package in the mail. The letter inside said that it was from my "Secret Santa Alternate" and that I would be receiving a second package soon.

Yesterday I received the second package. :o

When I made my list, I tried to suggest a lot of things so whomever drew my name would have an easier time finding something. MY Santa sent damn near EVERYTHING on that list.

I want to send a huge "Thank You" to my Secret Santa Alternate, Angelo (The Watcher).

You really went way WAY overboard and you didn't have to do that.

If you were trying to render me speechless (for once in my life), you succeeded. I really don't know how to respond. You completely floored me. (worship)

Santa has an impressive arsenal of swag, and he unleashed it on me this year. :whee:

I'll have to take some pictures. You guys will not believe this lavish outpouring of kindness.

Thanks again, Angelo. You are one amazingly generous person. :cloud9: