• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Un-Official 2010 Secret Santa "What you got thread"

732 posts in this topic

ok......I GOT SOMETHING! ok, not form my original SS, but from the amazing skypinkblu! 2 sweet books and a card (with merry christmas crossed out and replaced with happy valentines day haha). i got a Harvey comics hits 59 (my 1st pre code horror) and a betty and veronica 55. big thank you to skypinkblu for stepping up and doing something she didnt need to do and to hammy for everything too.

even though i didnt get anything until jan 27th, im not put off from this. it was my 1st SS and i'll be back next year if allowed.

and to my original SS whoever you are, i hope you show more respect to "paying" customers if you ever have sales threads. i hope you enjoyed the gift you got from your SS, i never had that chance with you

Awesome brother,sorry your first time did'nt go as planned.Don't let it sour you on next year. :whee:

Sharon is like the boardie den mother or something. No, thats not nearly complementary enough... she's more like the boardie Good Fairie, the Tinkerbell, our fairer sex representative, the boards kindness giver, the one who distributes grace, the thoughtful one, the person who thinks of others more than herself, and the one who has a very happy and lucky husband to complete her. We're glad your here Sharon.... :hi:

ok......I GOT SOMETHING! ok, not form my original SS, but from the amazing skypinkblu! 2 sweet books and a card (with merry christmas crossed out and replaced with happy valentines day haha). i got a Harvey comics hits 59 (my 1st pre code horror) and a betty and veronica 55. big thank you to skypinkblu for stepping up and doing something she didnt need to do and to hammy for everything too.

even though i didnt get anything until jan 27th, im not put off from this. it was my 1st SS and i'll be back next year if allowed.

and to my original SS whoever you are, i hope you show more respect to "paying" customers if you ever have sales threads. i hope you enjoyed the gift you got from your SS, i never had that chance with you

Awesome brother,sorry your first time did'nt go as planned.Don't let it sour you on next year. :whee:

Sharon is like the boardie den mother or something. No, thats not nearly complementary enough... she's more like the boardie Good Fairie, the Tinkerbell, our fairer sex representative, the boards kindness giver, the one who distributes grace, the thoughtful one, the person who thinks of others more than herself, and the one who has a very happy and lucky husband to complete her. We're glad your here Sharon.... :hi:

agreed! it was the 1st time i think ive ever delt with her, never bought from her or anything and she did the for me, i'll always appreciate what she an sckho did

So, do you speak Mandarin, Shin?

I imagine so, if you pronounce Kao, "Gao".

And, are you tall since your family name is tall?

My wife's mom is a Kao, but she's not too tall. :shy:

Shin Nian Kwai Le! :headbang:

It's more commonly written as xin nian kwai le! haha speaking of which, it's Chinese New Year next Thursday! :)

doh!

They're initials... S C Kao (pronounced "Gao" if you speak Chinese... "Cow" if you don't.)

Gao as in Dog?

Dog would be more like "Gou" :)

I love it when people correct Greggy's Chinese. :cloud9:

It's more commonly written as xin nian kwai le! haha speaking of which, it's Chinese New Year next Thursday! :)

Yeah, my pinyin sucks. :sorry:

doh!

They're initials... S C Kao (pronounced "Gao" if you speak Chinese... "Cow" if you don't.)

Gao as in Dog?

I was thinking the same thing. lol

He has a good command of the English language, though. :)

doh!

Gao as in Dog?

I thought Greggy in Chinese was "little wee". (shrug)

doh!

Gao as in Dog?

I was thinking the same thing. lol

He has a good command of the English language, though. :)

lol

Actually, Gao refers to dog in dialect, Cantonese (and possibly Teochew and Hokkien) to be more precise if I'm not wrong.

Interesting fact: there's a delicacy in Thailand known as Gao Sai. Yep, the direct english direction would be "Dog mess". It's pork floss deep fried and moulded in the shape of Man's best friend's droppings. It's really addictive but extremely heaty. hahaha..

Yeah, my pinyin sucks. :sorry:

Mine too! :sorry:

doh!

Gao as in Dog?

What does Greggy know about chinese? He is Philipino Right

From Wiki......

Pinyin (Chinese: 拼音; pinyin: pīnyīn) is the official system to transcribe Chinese characters to teach Mandarin Chinese in China, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.[1] It is also often used to spell Chinese names in foreign publications and used as an input method to enter Chinese characters (hanzi) into computers.

The system was developed by Zhou Greggy Youguang (b.1906), who led a government committee in developing the system in China (PRC) in the 1950s.[