• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official comicdonna charity auction thread (was Holiday Raffle thread)

207 posts in this topic

You guys are just amazing. You have already put my wife back into business. She needed a computer, camera and printer to do brokers price opinions for banks. We met up with Sharon's daughter this afternoon and picked up some cash that you guys sent and purchased these things. My wife only had her pajamas so, she got some clothes to along with my daughter. I got some clothes and shoes. I only had my 15 pound work boots. I just can't thank you all enough.

You guys are just amazing. You have already put my wife back into business. She needed a computer, camera and printer to do brokers price opinions for banks. We met up with Sharon's daughter this afternoon and picked up some cash that you guys sent and purchased these things. My wife only had her pajamas so, she got some clothes to along with my daughter. I got some clothes and shoes. I only had my 15 pound work boots. I just can't thank you all enough.

Now I have this picture in my mind of you wearing nothing but a pair of work boots.

Thanks for that. :eek:

Very nice to hear from you, Mike. :applause: So happy to read that you all were safe. (thumbs u

Andy

Now I have this picture in my mind of you wearing nothing but a pair of work boots.

My post in the other thread will enhance the picture. ;)

My post in the other thread will enhance the picture. ;)

Great. Now I can never close my eyes again. :ohnoez:

Mike, glad to see you still have a sense of humor considering everything that is going on.

Very nice to hear from you, Mike. :applause: So happy to read that you all were safe. (thumbs u

Andy

+1

that's awesome! :applause:

I'm going to change the direction of the raffle and if there's any ill will, please direct it all to me, Andy Greenham.

Although I feel for Mike and will be looking to bid on some charity auctions, I feel this type of "I'm gonna change the Christmas raffle to an auction and I don't care what anyone else thinks" is totally wrong and against the spirit of the whole endeavor.

I'm going to change the direction of the raffle and if there's any ill will, please direct it all to me, Andy Greenham.

Although I feel for Mike and will be looking to bid on some charity auctions, I feel this type of "I'm gonna change the Christmas raffle to an auction and I don't care what anyone else thinks" is totally wrong and against the spirit of the whole endeavor.

I disagree with you. Anyone that wants to cry about not getting a stupid Christmas raffle prize can suck it. And anyone that wants to can direct some ill will toward me, too. What could be more in the spirit of Christmas than selfless giving to someone that needs it? WTF?

I disagree with you. Anyone that wants to cry about not getting a stupid Christmas raffle prize can suck it.

Wow! I guess you're using reverse psychology to get people bidding?

I am not "whining about not getting a stupid Christmas raffle price", I am just stating that one person arbitrarily making a decision for the entire Secret Santa Group is wrong, dead WRONG.

It's a concept called democracy.

I disagree with you. Anyone that wants to cry about not getting a stupid Christmas raffle prize can suck it.

I am not "whining about not getting a stupid Christmas raffle price", I am just stating that one person arbitrarily making a decision for the entire Secret Santa Group is wrong, dead WRONG.

I love democracy. I don't recall getting to vote on anything here, though. I may be wrong. I'll say it again - Anyone that wants to cry about not getting a stupid Christmas raffle prize can suck it.

Well, JC. I was trying to figure out how you were going to do it, but now I know. Your way of avoiding the charity auction or any contribution will be your mock anger at the cancelling of the holiday raffle. Well played. Good game xmas spirit.

MIke, I'm really sorry to hear what happened. Your family will be in my prayers. I'll do my best to spread the word about these charity auctions, and will do whatever I can to help.

I guess this is as good a post as any to address your problem with switching gears on the raffle.

For the past two years, I have been donating Christmas gifts to a local hospital. It is a small token of my appreciation for what the hospital did for my family at a time of great need.

The idea of donating gifts, while almost completely removed from the whole notion of what it really means to venerate Christmas, isn't entirely lost if a toy can help put a smile on the face of a child who is faced with illness.

In the context of what has happened to Mike and his family, the spirit of giving is a small gesture to help lift the family through the sadness of an otherwise horrible situation.

How you have decided to take to task the decision which makes the community feel like we have something to give by donating the raffle prizes is equally wrong.

I think many of us VOTED (anonymously)... and it was 62-10-3 :gossip:

I have to agree. This wasn't one persons' decision. This was several peoples. And "Holidayham" even posted that if someone wants to keep their donation for the raffle, they could just PM and tell him.

We need to pull together for a fellow boardie. This is a tragic situation. Hell, if there was a raffle, I can't see too many people wanting to keep their winnings. I know I would donate anything I won back, so Mike could have the proceeds. So really, this is just cutting down the process.

Let's not get into a contest folks. Let's remember the bigger picture here.

Alex