• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

*Mindless rambling removed for the sake of sanity.*

Listen, eunuch, and I'll explain the problem...

We are sitting here reading business as usual and along comes some guy that has never posted before. The guy seems to have a little knowledge of what he's talking about, but he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

He's saying that people are crazy for paying multiples of the 9.8 price for a comic with a 9.9 or 10.0 grade. Not only that, that people are crazy for paying multiples of guide for a book that's even in a CGC slab. Ok, I think that opinion is shared by many and isn't all that shocking to hear. I don't enjoy emetophilia and I don't normally hang out on their message boards, but maybe I'm a little old fashioned like that.

Then he says that a comic printed prior to 1980 should never be graded higher than a 9.8. Again, not that shocking of a claim in and of itself.

So now to solidify his knowledge of the hobby and be crowned king of all nerds, he says that he is a big time dealer that sells CGC books, and submits them 500+ at a time to the evil empire in Florida.

Who he is doesn't matter and he will remain anonymous, but trust him on this because we all should know to trust anonymous people on the internet.

So to recap:

People paying multiples for CGC are crazy.

People paying higher multiples for 9.9's and 10's are even more crazy.

CGC is crazy for giving 9.9's.

Give him your crazy money because you're too crazy to deserve it.

It doesn't matter who he is. Trust him on this.

If he ever submits a Hulk 181 and gets a 9.9, he will call you crazy as he takes your $100k.

So carry on, Mr Skidmark. Keep doing what you're doing. I'll enjoy watching your duality and will eat popcorn as you implode.

If you're really a dealer you'll be outed in the next few weeks. If you're not outed by this resourceful bunch of comic nerds, you're not who you say you are in the first place.

And yes...I have a mouth on me, but I only use it on trolls. Prepare for my mouth.

I post a lot? I've posted like 6 times in my life. lol your wink says otherwise...

YOU!

When I post though, it ain't gonna be 7 short simple words. You are gonna hear some thought and you are going to like it!

lol

I like the cut of your jib. If there's more where this came from, please, stick around.

:cloud9:

And yes...I have a mouth on me, but I only use it on trolls. Prepare for my mouth.

That's custom title material if I ever saw it.

:applause:

:roflmao:

actually it was ruined by their own stupidity in shelling out $3k for a watchmen #1. there was no one at CGC holding a gun to their head forcing them to buy the book.

Ever the voice of reason. (worship)

Curiously, was CGC around as a quarter of the hobby took an indefinite sabbatical when they discovered their precious Valiants and die-cut covers had more value as mulch than as a collectible?

I love it when an old timer with a keyboard goes pontificating on the interwebs.

:preach:

If you don't have the eye to determine if a raw book is unrestored or not, then yes you need to only buy slabs. The CGC will do the work for you that you cannot take the responsibility for yourself, and then at that point you must accept their decision in the grade, for you have no other recourse since you cannot make a judgement yourself. If you come into this hobby, make it your responsibility first to learn about how to grade a raw comic, and determine if it is complete and if restored or not. When you send it in, figure out what you think it will come back.. If you rely on the CGC to do all the hard work for you, then it's no wonder you come at me like you do. You have no respect for a person with a little more comic knowledge than you do. Understandable though if you back the CGC. You hold them in esteem over any single person. You need to see my eBay ID in order to verify my credibility? Maybe learn to determine if a person's statements make sense or not to you and have some faith in your belief in them.., rather than having to see something first to believe.. . if my statements don't make sense to you, perhaps you are not on the same level. so you are left to force the credibility issue. yes im not credible lol. I speak fictionally. This is all lies!! Why would i waste my time...Ignore me, these posts are for the more accepting people in this thread who understand that they can learn from others. If you don't learn at least 1 thing new from another person, you are going around with blinders on.

This rings a bell...

This thread is like a runaway locomotive.

I think it'll go supersonic next.

Or like a runway model. It will be purging soon. hm

:roflmao:

Are we here to learn and discuss? or would everyone rather just be happy clickers on your emoticons and accept big brother's foot up your

No I'm here to happily click graemlins, learning and discussions are for , also I enjoy a foot up my every now and then, even if it is from my brother :sumo:

hm

I have a couple of friends who might like you.....#?

actually it was ruined by their own stupidity in shelling out $3k for a watchmen #1. there was no one at CGC holding a gun to their head forcing them to buy the book.

Ever the voice of reason. (worship)

Curiously, was CGC around as a quarter of the hobby took an indefinite sabbatical when they discovered their precious Valiants and die-cut covers had more value as mulch than as a collectible?

I love it when an old timer with a keyboard goes pontificating on the interwebs.

:preach:

1/4?

More like 3/4.

Wait, no, 9/10.

It was a bloodbath, regardless.

I want "Inane CGC drone" as mine. lol

If you don't have the eye to determine if a raw book is unrestored or not, then yes you need to only buy slabs. The CGC will do the work for you that you cannot take the responsibility for yourself, and then at that point you must accept their decision in the grade, for you have no other recourse since you cannot make a judgement yourself. If you come into this hobby, make it your responsibility first to learn about how to grade a raw comic, and determine if it is complete and if restored or not. When you send it in, figure out what you think it will come back.. If you rely on the CGC to do all the hard work for you, then it's no wonder you come at me like you do. You have no respect for a person with a little more comic knowledge than you do. Understandable though if you back the CGC. You hold them in esteem over any single person. You need to see my eBay ID in order to verify my credibility? Maybe learn to determine if a person's statements make sense or not to you and have some faith in your belief in them.., rather than having to see something first to believe.. . if my statements don't make sense to you, perhaps you are not on the same level. so you are left to force the credibility issue. yes im not credible lol. I speak fictionally. This is all lies!! Why would i waste my time...Ignore me, these posts are for the more accepting people in this thread who understand that they can learn from others. If you don't learn at least 1 thing new from another person, you are going around with blinders on.

This rings a bell...

Good catch. It does ring a bell. hm

This rings a bell...

Figure it out and get back to us, Sabres lover.

This rings a bell...

I posted about TFL being greengob in a PM earlier today, 'the CGC' was quite glaring. But TFL was never that articulate, not that greengob is that articulate. If you know what I mean.

This rings a bell...

I posted about TFL being greengob in a PM earlier today, 'the CGC' was quite glaring. But TFL was never that articulate, not that greengob is that articulate. If you know what I mean.

Go get another drink. :baiting:

This rings a bell...

Agreed. He's not TFL.