• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

the only reason I can see greengod's ebay id as being relevant is that it "might" add some credibility to his statements...at this point, he is just an anonymous poster...what he says could be 100% truth or 100% fiction... he has offered no verifiable background, no references, no established reporte with the board etc...so , truthfully, why put any credance in what he says (shrug)

identifying an ebay id would not alleviate , but might help to establish legitimacy/reference, and certainly shouldn't harm him/her (not sure if gender has been disclosed or not, so don't want to offend) from offering...

I for one don't even like to buy comics over a 9.0, but my history and opinions are long documented, my ebay id is well known, as is my persona and credibility (thumbs u

Why don't you like to buy comics over 9.0?

the only reason I can see greengod's ebay id as being relevant is that it "might" add some credibility to his statements...at this point, he is just an anonymous poster...what he says could be 100% truth or 100% fiction... he has offered no verifiable background, no references, no established reporte with the board etc...so , truthfully, why put any credance in what he says (shrug)

identifying an ebay id would not alleviate , but might help to establish legitimacy/reference, and certainly shouldn't harm him/her (not sure if gender has been disclosed or not, so don't want to offend) from offering...

I for one don't even like to buy comics over a 9.0, but my history and opinions are long documented, my ebay id is well known, as is my persona and credibility (thumbs u

The weather today will be a little shilly, so don't forget your boots.

Weather%20map.jpg

Anything higher cuts into the Mego and Coke Zero money.

i'm not him. can you give it a rest now? your opinion of all my statements will change depending on who you figure me out to be. interesting....

You're screwed now.

No matter what you do, you'll forever be branded as that douchey guy.

You could, from hereon out, be the Mother Theresa of the boards, and you'll never escape that stigma. Ever. You could be clever, generous, witty, knowledgable, whatever. Doesn't matter now, because you've been a douchey on your first outing.

If I were you, I'd just vanish. It's probably for the best.

(thumbs u

:eyeroll:

Am I wrong....?

meh

If he continues to act this way you would be correct, if he changes his ways I could see him being accepted (shrug)

RockMyAmadeus ..... Vanish to suit your needs? You certainly are a sensitive sort suggesting to me what I should do :) Why am I screwed? Because you will not be my friend? Some people on this board have supported my ideas and given me the thumbs up. I did not set out intending to make a friend in you. You want all the boardies to follow you in your march against me. I am not leading a march against the CGC. I only state opinions, and some like to listen to what I'm saying because they know the boards are for opinions primarily, not to make friends or social graces first.. Consider me a thorn in your side and nothing else, that you cannot listen to an opinion without being offended. Ignore me please.

Yes the CGC is responsible for the Watchmen #1 price being 3k initially. The CGC is aware that the first copies will sell for outrageous prices. We all know this. The CGC could put other measures in place to prevent the prices from getting out of hand, and to prevent from people losing money. I know that is a strange idea to entertain, but it would prevent a lot people from getting seriously hurt. You don't mind watching others get hurt sir? Oh it's their fault right that they trust a CGC product to maintain it's value.

Perhaps a ceiling price would control things on certain hotter books. I don't know. They are responsible for people losing a lot of money. I do not see how you could possibly blame an unknowing buyer, unfamiliar with the game, for getting caught up in the CGC hype. Hasn't everyone gotten caught up in the hype at one time or another? That's what hype is!! Something that comes along and swoops you off your feet. Are you immune to hype?

They are good AND bad for the hobby. They preserve books in a certain way, maybe not the best way not using mylar.., but prices are artificially inflated and we all know that. You pay for the plastic and the service. That is acceptable. What is not acceptable is people losing thousands of dollars when they invest their FAITH and TRUST in a CGC product.

Perhaps a ceiling price would control things on certain hotter books. I don't know. They are responsible for people losing a lot of money. I do not see how you could possibly blame an unknowing buyer, unfamiliar with the game, for getting caught up in the CGC hype. Hasn't everyone gotten caught up in the hype at one time or another? That's what hype is!! Something that comes along and swoops you off your feet. Are you immune to hype?

Sounds like we need some serious price fixing. Maybe we can get the government involved.

:roflmao:

Sounds like we need some serious price fixing. Maybe we can get the government involved.

:roflmao:

No way this tool is a comic dealer. He's like Luxx without the interesting personality. :insane:

Accepted? Change my ways and opinions to suit your needs? lol. Some on the board have indicated their acceptance in my opinions. not their acceptance of my personality or anything personal about me. I am not here to get personally involved with anybody. I am here to state my opinions. This is what the boards use is primarily for. If you are using it for something else primarily, then perhaps you are abusing it, or cannot find a better avenue in which to propagate your primary cause, whatever that cause may be. I would suggest that YOU stop posting, and get out from behind the computer, for you seem to be expecting all boardies to suit your personal needs. They should leave if not in agreement with you eh? lol Oh you won't accept me... boo hoo lol

but that is not what I set out to get here logan. I only set out to warn some about the 9.9 old tag grade. I am accepted in my life outside of the boards by friends and family. I am well respected and you would never say the things to me face to face, that you do to me behind your computer screen. Why? because there is personal interaction when speaking face to face. that which you seek here behind your computer screen, enabling you to mouth off more. I do not come to the boards for acceptance in my opinions, nor to make silly online emoticon buddies behind impersonal screens and webcams. I state what I think. If you like it, you read my posts more. If you don't like it, do whatever. Attacking me on a personal level though.. lol. pathetic.

I only set out to warn some about the 9.9 old tag grade.

I think you should run for office and have this be your primary mandate.

(thumbs u

you've come around to my side now r1970d? I'll offer you the position as my running mate then if I decide to do so lol:)

No, I was been facetious.

It's already been discussed more times than the titanic and walking on the moon.

:makepoint:

RockMyAmadeus ..... Vanish to suit your needs? You certainly are a sensitive sort suggesting to me what I should do :) Why am I screwed? Because you will not be my friend? Some people on this board have supported my ideas and given me the thumbs up. I did not set out intending to make a friend in you. You want all the boardies to follow you in your march against me. I am not leading a march against the CGC. I only state opinions, and some like to listen to what I'm saying because they know the boards are for opinions primarily, not to make friends or social graces first.. Consider me a thorn in your side and nothing else, that you cannot listen to an opinion without being offended. Ignore me please.

Yes the CGC is responsible for the Watchmen #1 price being 3k initially. The CGC is aware that the first copies will sell for outrageous prices. We all know this. The CGC could put other measures in place to prevent the prices from getting out of hand, and to prevent from people losing money. I know that is a strange idea to entertain, but it would prevent a lot people from getting seriously hurt. You don't mind watching others get hurt sir? Oh it's their fault right that they trust a CGC product to maintain it's value.

They are good AND bad for the hobby. They preserve books in a certain way, maybe not the best way not using mylar.., but prices are artificially inflated and we all know that. You pay for the plastic and the service. That is acceptable. What is not acceptable is people losing thousands of dollars when they invest their FAITH and TRUST in a CGC product.

thanks for your opinion, preposterous though it may be. it's like asking the NASDAQ to halt trading on a stock because it's gone to levels that you perceive as too high and then asking them to reimburse you for your losses when a correction or crash in prices occurs. there are market forces called supply and demand that you are arguing should be revoked; utter nonsense.

Edited by paperheart