• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

Yes the CGC is responsible for the Watchmen #1 price being 3k initially. The CGC is aware that the first copies will sell for outrageous prices. We all know this. The CGC could put other measures in place to prevent the prices from getting out of hand, and to prevent from people losing money. I know that is a strange idea to entertain, but it would prevent a lot people from getting seriously hurt. You don't mind watching others get hurt sir? Oh it's their fault right that they trust a CGC product to maintain it's value.

Perhaps a ceiling price would control things on certain hotter books. I don't know. They are responsible for people losing a lot of money. I do not see how you could possibly blame an unknowing buyer, unfamiliar with the game, for getting caught up in the CGC hype. Hasn't everyone gotten caught up in the hype at one time or another? That's what hype is!! Something that comes along and swoops you off your feet. Are you immune to hype?

They are good AND bad for the hobby. They preserve books in a certain way, maybe not the best way not using mylar.., but prices are artificially inflated and we all know that. You pay for the plastic and the service. That is acceptable. What is not acceptable is people losing thousands of dollars when they invest their FAITH and TRUST in a CGC product.

How much money you lose Greengod ?

So many funny quotes in this lol The one in bold may be my fav. Swept off your feet by hype. Hilarious. Regulating the prices is just insane lol

RockMyAmadeus ..... Vanish to suit your needs? You certainly are a sensitive sort suggesting to me what I should do :) Why am I screwed? Because you will not be my friend? Some people on this board have supported my ideas and given me the thumbs up. I did not set out intending to make a friend in you. You want all the boardies to follow you in your march against me. I am not leading a march against the CGC. I only state opinions, and some like to listen to what I'm saying because they know the boards are for opinions primarily, not to make friends or social graces first.. Consider me a thorn in your side and nothing else, that you cannot listen to an opinion without being offended. Ignore me please.

lol

You have WILDLY misinterpreted what I've said.

I said it for YOUR sake, not mine. I would LOVE to have you post more...you make me look like John F. Kennedy by comparison.

As Jeffro said, shine on, you crazy diamond!

:applause:

Are we here to learn and discuss? or would everyone rather just be happy clickers on your emoticons and accept big brother's foot up your on each $20 slab? Get passionate people and don't be afraid to say what you feel. No one needs to know my ebay handles. After all this I'd give them out? no chance. There is too much negativity on these boards and criticism of simply what is my opinion in the matters. Perhaps some do not want to face themselves for their reluctant acceptance of the CGC. This is 1984 and we are all at war against Eastasia, or is it Eastonia? who knows... but in the end, everyone will wake up to their shock treatment and see the green pastures. All will feel the CGC's power, and their power over the hobby. The hobby is no longer sacred. When you go out past the city limits into the green fields with your woman to read some unslabbed books together, to escape the plastic that is now everywhere in the city, the CGC will be hiding behind the bushes. They prey on all. Just when you are at the high point of the story together, the CGC will reveal themselves and they will grade you!! You will be taken away and put behind plastic too!

Yes I believe that most people MUST be CGC slaves in order to collect or even deal nowadays. I sell CGC and therefore I am a slave. Most of my profits go to CGC for fees. It is only getting worse. One must reach their low point, before they can begin to surface again, just like Winston. and the CGC will make sure you go down to the lowest point first, before you even have a chance at recovery again. Some cannot survive the trip to the lowest point, and give up the hobby. There is no recovery for those who buy watchmen #1s for 3k, and cannot get $500 out of the comic now. They are turned off from the hobby. It has been ruined for them by the CGC. In turn, all the burned buyers should get together and burn their copies of watchmen #1 cgc 9.8 together in one big flaming bundle of BS, and laid back upon the CGC's doorstep.

actually it was ruined by their own stupidity in shelling out $3k for a watchmen #1. there was no one at CGC holding a gun to their head forcing them to buy the book.

Obviously you never met Steve "Machine" Borock and his henchman Mark "Water Board" Haspel.

:popcorn:

She is SEXY!! Damn!!

And she married David Silver

Who's real name is Brian Austin Green. Who else, but a 90210 actor would be D-Bag enough to not reveal their real name, and then go as greengod.

Ladies and gentlemen, our mystery is solved!

Edited by homerwannabee

:popcorn:

She is SEXY!! Damn!!

And she married David Silver

Who's real name is Brian Austin Green. Who else, but a 90210 actor would be D-Bag enough to not reveal their real name, and then go as greengod.

Ladies and gentlemen, our mystery is solved!

^^

Wait, where did he go ??? Maybe his mom called him upstairs for dinner ???

It's Spaghetti-O's night! What else could make a troll leave his cave?

Or someone was clop-clop-clop-clopping across his bridge.

the only reason I can see greengod's ebay id as being relevant is that it "might" add some credibility to his statements...at this point, he is just an anonymous poster...what he says could be 100% truth or 100% fiction... he has offered no verifiable background, no references, no established reporte with the board etc...so , truthfully, why put any credance in what he says (shrug)

identifying an ebay id would not alleviate , but might help to establish legitimacy/reference, and certainly shouldn't harm him/her (not sure if gender has been disclosed or not, so don't want to offend) from offering...

I for one don't even like to buy comics over a 9.0, but my history and opinions are long documented, my ebay id is well known, as is my persona and credibility (thumbs u

Why don't you like to buy comics over 9.0?

because I only collect Golden age, and 9.0 is good enough for me, relative to the money a 9.2 or higher would cost, when one compares the visual benefits of the mulitples...just not worth it to me (thumbs u

the only reason I can see greengod's ebay id as being relevant is that it "might" add some credibility to his statements...at this point, he is just an anonymous poster...what he says could be 100% truth or 100% fiction... he has offered no verifiable background, no references, no established reporte with the board etc...so , truthfully, why put any credance in what he says (shrug)

identifying an ebay id would not alleviate , but might help to establish legitimacy/reference, and certainly shouldn't harm him/her (not sure if gender has been disclosed or not, so don't want to offend) from offering...

I for one don't even like to buy comics over a 9.0, but my history and opinions are long documented, my ebay id is well known, as is my persona and credibility (thumbs u

Why don't you like to buy comics over 9.0?

Anything higher cuts into the Mego and Coke Zero money.

:cloud9:

Perhaps a ceiling price would control things on certain hotter books. I don't know. They are responsible for people losing a lot of money. I do not see how you could possibly blame an unknowing buyer, unfamiliar with the game, for getting caught up in the CGC hype. Hasn't everyone gotten caught up in the hype at one time or another? That's what hype is!! Something that comes along and swoops you off your feet. Are you immune to hype?

Yeah, I've been caught up in hype before. Probably explains why as a kid I owned a pair of Reebok pumps and MC Hammer pants.

Leaning on this crutch as an adult is just lame. You said it yourself "unknowing, unfamiliar". Sorry, that's not my problem. That's a you problem. Get knowing. Get familiar.