• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 CGC 9.9?
1 1

488 posts in this topic

Not sure, although the old label does make me think so, that I saw that book about a decade ago at SD. The price then was $60K.

At the time, that was probably 2x a 9.8. Since 9.8s have taken a dive since it's basically madness to list this book at $150k. That's something like 10-12x the 9.8 price.

Just went on sale on Comiclink for $150k. HERE.

Is a 9.9 really worth that much?

Wow, what's up with that URHC?

^^^ that was my thoughts exactly.

bah. that can easily be pressed out. :whistle:

It may not even need to be pressed. The corner could be merely bent down. It's the kind of thing you could straighten out with a fingernail, just scooping the edge up,

OR

It could actually be slightly blunted. doh!

Its funny to think that thousands of dollars can ride of a grade. If it was resubbed and got a 9.8, or the owner somehow dropped the case and damaged the book slightly, the book could lose so much value. I rather stick to my 8.0 copy, even if I was rich.

In the even of a resub is the grade drops all you have to due is threaten to sue and your grade will be restored (thumbs u

no. :screwy: but best of luck to the consignor. :wishluck:

I'm going to take a wild guess,but by looking at the scan,i'd say that it would come back no higher than a 9.8 if re-subbed,which no-one would ever do.But,i'm just saying...i've seen nicer looking 9.8's.

Pretty sure i thought the same thing when i saw the Cap 100's in 9.9,and Ironman #1 in 9.9..they looked weak.

Wouldn't this happen with 90% of 9.9s?

no. :screwy: but best of luck to the consignor. :wishluck:

I'm going to take a wild guess,but by looking at the scan,i'd say that it would come back no higher than a 9.8 if re-subbed,which no-one would ever do.But,i'm just saying...i've seen nicer looking 9.8's.

Pretty sure i thought the same thing when i saw the Cap 100's in 9.9,and Ironman #1 in 9.9..they looked weak.

Wouldn't this happen with 90% of 9.9s?

Why?

if it was worth that... wouldn't they want it re-holdered?

Not if it was clearly not a 9.9 anymore.

re-holdering is not re-grading.

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/services_and_fees.asp

"Reholder service is for a chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. We will place your comic in a new holder.

NOTE: All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade."

Edited by rob_react

"Reholder service is for a chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. We will place your comic in a new holder.

NOTE: All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade."

I've seen that language before, have you ever seen it actually happen?

I don't think I've ever seen them undertake a grading on a book where the grading fee would be over $100 when the submitter paid the $11 reholder fee.

I don't think I've ever seen them undertake a grading on a book where the grading fee would be over $100 when the submitter paid the $11 reholder fee.

:hi:

I submitted a GS X-Men 1 CGC 9.2 as a reholder two years ago, and a 9.4 came back. I had a feeling the book had been slightly undergraded.

:o

I've heard of it happening. Here, of course. I'd never be able to find the thread.

It's not a regrade. It's just a QC step to make sure the book is still the grade it was originally assigned. Someone gives it a once-over, not a full regrade. This book would likely fail that once-over since it's got an obvious flaw. They wouldn't need to regrade it to see that this book isn't a 9.9 anymore. Everyone that's commented in this thread can see that.

Not with the new cases. With the old cases, I wouldn't trust a 9.9 to move across the room without being damaged.
Sadly, and IMO extremely suspicious, all 9.9 and 10s are put into old style cases..... Even moderns.