• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what *didn't* you find in 2010?

56 posts in this topic

I was just reviewing my wants list and noticed that I have gone the whole year looking for two books to finish off a run. The last in the series I bought was in October 2009. Since then I've had watches on ebay and other local auction sites (they are Australian giveaway comics from the 1960s), emailed local dealers etc etc... but so far they are a no-show.

Here's one from the set of 24 - I need numbers 10 and 11.

mobil14.jpg

So, what has managed to elude you for the whole year (or longer)?

That bag of cash I've been looking for all year. I'm beginning to think I won't find it . . . . this year.

If you mean strictly comics, I've had a pretty good year overall, breaking up my small random group of books and obtaining several of the bigger books for my newly focused collection. The main one though, that has eluded me all year, was a nice, clean copy of ASM #23 in CGC 9.2. So here's to hoping we all have an even better year in 2011! :headbang:

Good question, Andrew.

What didn't I find? hm

A divorce. I asked, she said "I'm not going to reward you" :cry:

Some way to avoid local responsibilities and go to as many North American Conventions as possible.

Some way to stop Kerry "staying in touch" (in joke).

As I feared, I didn't make enough progress on my Adventure run. Look for a posting in the WTB - dealers can expect a willing customer.

Other than that a great year. Sort of.