• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What were the most positive comic book 2010 moments?

33 posts in this topic

It's always great to see a title/character make it onto the screen...big or small...especially when the adaptation is well done, as this was. It's wasn't fantastic, but it sure was better than a lot of junk that get's green-lit.

However, I see zero evidence that this has increased modern readership.

Strangely, the last twenty years have seen a consistant flow of comics becoming movies...and during the same time, readership has slipped and slipped and slipped until it's now almost flat-lining.

It's always great to see a title/character make it onto the screen...big or small...especially when the adaptation is well done, as this was. It's wasn't fantastic, but it sure was better than a lot of junk that get's green-lit.

However, I see zero evidence that this has increased modern readership.

Strangely, the last twenty years have seen a consistant flow of comics becoming movies...and during the same time, readership has slipped and slipped and slipped until it's now almost flat-lining.

I kinda agree with the mainstream comics and I think the reason is that Hollywood has caught up to comics and passed them on doing superheroes.

Before you had to get your superhero fix only from comics now even Batman is done better in other mediums then comics.

The best Batman adventures have been the Timm and Dini Batman Animated Series and the Nolan movies.

Watching TRmoore, Kryptospidey and many other board members finally get

those loser crooks off e-bay. Nice work you guys!! :applause: :applause:

Although very tragic hearing about Mike's house, I think it's a great way to

end 2010 with a very worthy cause on a fundraiser for a member in need. (thumbs u

To me it had to be hands down The Walking Dead the comicbook and tv versions.

It brought in a lot of new fans and a lot of interest to modern comics.

+1, it's what I first thought of as well when I read the thread's title.

TFL getting himself banned in the best way possible.
Forgetting which account you are logged in on and accidentally outing your own shill. Priceless. :applause:

Thats gotta be the best of the year. :roflmao:

Ironically, it's not the first time it's happened on the boards. lol

2010 sucked monkey balls.

The return of monkey balls as an effective negative descriptor after a 2 decade-long colloquial coma. :applause::applause:

2010 sucked monkey balls.

A subject with which you're intimately familiar I presume?

:D

BTW, I've neither forgotten nor forgiven you for all the names you called me when I first joined this board. Of course I'm not one to shy away from frank exchanges of opinion myself so....