• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

I've already met my quota of 3 with the '80's Shadow series and I have a few issues of Alter Ego, the comic, I plan on reading right now.

O'Neil and Kaluta :cloud9:

If only. They did the Shadow in the '70's IIRC, this Shadow is the Sienkiewiz (sp?) drawn one. It piggy-backed on the mini by Chaykin which I read last week. As a Shadow purist, I cringe at what they are doing ... and I have never been a real fan on Sienkiewiz ... but the writer, Helfer, is trying to weave in a lot of ideas in the first few issues so I am giving him some slack and will stick with reading the series at least finish the first arc.

Alter Ego was a fun read but as always with a Roy Thomas book, there was a lot to read lol Finished the night with a nice Tale Spin book.

Started today with Wilt, the last TPB of 100 Bullets.

All right, I will try it again. But I know I won't make it. I don't have 1000 books that I still need to read. So unless I go the online route, I will be short.

buy MOAR!

More? Why? So I can be behind in my reading in 2012?!? :insane:

So are we talking about Legitimate purchased books in 2011.

No online dloads?

What about trades we bought previously and read before?

My rules were as follows (and feel free to have your own):

-Has to be a book that I have not read yet. No point in clearing out my backlog otherwise.

-If it is a TPB that combined 6 issues, then it would count for 6 issues. If the book is bigger (eg. Black Dossier), then use your discretion.

Make up the rules you want to follow. Remember, this isn't a competition. Have fun with it.

No online dloads?

-Has to be a book that I have not read yet. No point in clearing out my backlog otherwise.

-If it is a TPB that combined 6 issues, then it would count for 6 issues. If the book is bigger (eg. Black Dossier), then use your discretion.

Make up the rules you want to follow. Remember, this isn't a competition. Have fun with it.

These are my rules too. I think the hardest part is to read often, all we know that if we like an arc or a title we can read a lot of issues together without stop.

No online dloads?

I'm following these rules, too. Well, except the "this isn't a competition" thing. Of course it is! I will read more books then all of you!!!!

:kidaround:

Good thing Chromium is not running a counter then :baiting:

Chromium would be the first to bow down to my awesome comic reading ability.

:roflmao: I have gone further for less :sumo:

Save it for the confessional room.

Or send me a PM.

:o

:jokealert:

03 January 2011:

1) Star-Spangled War Stories #1 (2010) - Loved the Brian Bolland cover, and the art (not Bolland's), but the story was a 'meh!'

2) The Brave And The Bold #33 (2010) - Loved it from start to finish. Totally recommended!. Art was awesome, and writing too.

3) First Wave: Batman/Doc Savage Special #1 (2010) - Not good, not bad.

4-5) Batman: Hidden Treasures (2010) [bernie Wrightson 'lost' story + Swamp Thing #7] . Liked the Wrightson 'lost' story but 'Swamp Thing #7' was a little childlish.

6-10) Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom #1-5 (2009) - Phil Noto's art is top notch and the story was well delivered. Kara never looked so good. And Sean Connery is Superman!.