• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

Read a few today. A mixed bag in fact:

Incognito: Bad Influences # 2 - The second mini is shaping up better than the first one.

American Vampire # 9 and 10 - Still holding my interest

Unwritten # 20 - ok

Showcase # 76 - First Batlash. Cardy sure remembered his days working on the girly features at Fiction House when he drew this one. :cloud9:

There's more than one series ?

The Marvel one that started the Bronze Age of course.

Is it kinda good? Or really good?

I thought it was really good, always liked Roy Thomas' writing and BWS art is not bad either (although #1 was somewhat pedestrian )

There's more than one series ?

The Marvel one that started the Bronze Age of course.

Is it kinda good? Or really good?

I thought it was really good, always liked Roy Thomas' writing and BWS art is not bad either (although #1 was somewhat pedestrian )

hm

I've been reading for hours today, while listening to Springsteen's "The Promise" album, the rain on the roof and my wife yelling at me that she can't wait till I have to go back to work on Monday...aaaah marital bliss. :cloud9:

I'm up to three after reading The Dark Knight last night.

Three is better than two (thumbs u

I've got some 'Tec and B&R to catch up on, that should make it another 30 or so. If I can be bothered to buy them.

Hellblazer 140 & 141 - entertaining, in a disturbing: sort of way.

And then some light and fun reading with the Marvel Pocket Book series:

ASM 1-6

FF 1-6

fffront.jpg

spideyfront.jpg

I loved those books as a kid! But with my eyesight being what it is now, I don't think I'd be able to make out the small print anymore.

And then some light and fun reading with the Marvel Pocket Book series:

ASM 1-6

FF 1-6

fffront.jpg

spideyfront.jpg

:cloud9:

More than anything else, these are what got me hooked on comics. I read these plus the Hulk edition until the covers fell off.

Hulk_Pocket_Books_Vol_1_1.jpg

Well today I read Conan #6 - #24 and loved every minute of it... Never was a S&S fan, but I think I am one now.

Anyway, today is the end of the first week for me and I managed to read 72 comics in total.

Don't think I'll ever have a week like this again, but at least I have a small "reserve" in case there are weeks where I don't get to read any comics at all.

counter.png