• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #49 Prices?

21 posts in this topic

Spoiler

Left the prison, begining of the next phase of the story, and reportedly a low print run.

The latter part is a myth - #49 had pretty much the same print run as the issues that preceded it (46, 47, 48, etc). The print run jumped by about 3-4000 copies for issue #50, but went back down again by the same amount for issue #51.

It says spoiler. That's good enough.

Schmidt, I agree about it being a myth. Didn't seem at all short printed when it came out. I got a number of them in the first few months.

To me, this is a fabricated "key" of the latter series.

Pat

The reason for the price increase is that DEMAND rose at that particular time. Not the print run.

#48 was the last issue of the TPB, and that trade was arguably the high point (or at least the most intense) of the series. The feeling is that lots of people who were trade waiters actually picked up #49 to see what was next instead of waiting.

However, not much happens in #49. So, the TPB waiters went back to being TPB waiters.

The issue is harder to find because so many people picked it up, but it's not that hard to find. It's usually a $10 book.

It's the issue after the compenduim, that might have a lot to do with it. I know after I read through the big book I lost interest in filling in gaps in the series, but I still didn't want to have the little trades. I subscribed some time after issue 50 and have been planning on closing the gap in floppies. I wonder how many others are doing the same exact thing?

Btw, even though I have all the current issues I haven't read past 48 yet :(

The reason for the price increase is that DEMAND rose at that particular time. Not the print run.

#48 was the last issue of the TPB, and that trade was arguably the high point (or at least the most intense) of the series. The feeling is that lots of people who were trade waiters actually picked up #49 to see what was next instead of waiting.

However, not much happens in #49. So, the TPB waiters went back to being TPB waiters.

The issue is harder to find because so many people picked it up, but it's not that hard to find. It's usually a $10 book.

Bingo!!!! (thumbs u

It sells very well and the price is steadily climbing. $10 is a cheap WD 49 currently it is floating closer to $20 now.

I wish I would have kept more because it is a little harder to find due to the above.

Bingo!!!! (thumbs u

It sells very well and the price is steadily climbing. $10 is a cheap WD 49 currently it is floating closer to $20 now.

I wish I would have kept more because it is a little harder to find due to the above.

Good to know. I wondered why I kept selling out (shrug)