• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2011 - August 25th to 28th in Toronto, Canada - Now 4 Days!

562 posts in this topic

Completely off-topic question here.

Does anyone know any decent restaurants within walking distance of the Convention Center? I went on Urban Spoon and they list a bunch of them but within the list are places like McDonald's and I thought someone local would have a few good suggestions.

Just walking along Front St., on my way to the Jays game tonight, here are some more restaurants.

- Lone Star Texas Grill

- East Side Mario's

- Joe Badali

- Canyon Creek

- The Loose Moose

- Jack Astor

- Casey's

All relatively decent places to eat.

All great places BUT........

If your really, really, really stretch for cash and time, you could always try a hot dog stand. There is always a hot dog stand at every corner in toronto. and don't worry, all hot dog stand in toronto has to meet a very hard inspection by the government health board in order for them to set-up shop (so to speak). PLUS they are not your regular hot dogs, these are sausages, and they're huge too. they got different flavours, german, polish and your regular hot dogs. On top of that, they got like a dozen topping to choice from, onion, pickels, relish, hourseradish ..etc and sometimes, they even have corn, to make it a corn dog :golfclap:

and with a $5.00 (with pop) price tag you really can't bet that :applause:

If anyone is going to this Expo and would consider picking up a copy of the exclusive books for another member let me know. I am interested in the Captain America, Walking Dead and the DC exclusive but did not know if there were members on here going that would consider picking them up for someone else at a small fee or if not let me know so I can start looking on Ebay for the items after the convention.

All great places BUT........

If your really, really, really stretch for cash and time, you could always try a hot dog stand. There is always a hot dog stand at every corner in toronto. and don't worry, all hot dog stand in toronto has to meet a very hard inspection by the government health board in order for them to set-up shop (so to speak). PLUS they are not your regular hot dogs, these are sausages, and they're huge too. they got different flavours, german, polish and your regular hot dogs. On top of that, they got like a dozen topping to choice from, onion, pickels, relish, hourseradish ..etc and sometimes, they even have corn, to make it a corn dog :golfclap:

and with a $5.00 (with pop) price tag you really can't bet that :applause:

Only if you go to Front Street and North of that... the hot dog vendors by the Rogers Centre, it's like double the price.

There is a Subway sandwich shop, and a Panago, right next to Hoops. Subway has those $5 footlong subs. I'd rather eat that, instead of the hot dogs.

Comic Book Expo Guest Changes

Aug. 12, 2011

As we get closer to the Expo and our creator guests get a better sense of their work and personal commitments, some creator guests have had to postpone their appearance in Toronto for Fan Expo Canada . This year we are disappointed to announce the following guests will not be able to attend: Ed McGuinness, Butch Guice, Olivier Coipel and Jimmy Cheung.

However some recent additions to the guest list include David Finch (Batman: The Dark Knight) who will be appearing the Expo on Saturday and Sunday, Cameron Stewart (Batman and Robin, Suicide Girls), Sean O'Reilly (writer of the bestselling The Clockwork Girl - appearing at the HarperCollins booth), Zenescope Editor-in-chief and writer Ralph Tedesco and legendary X-Men scribe Chris Claremont who will be appearing on Thursday and Friday.

I'm afraid I don't know for sure, but the information I'm told is that the same SDCC exclusives will be available at Fan Expo so long as quantities are available, and some will be very limited.

Well that is great news. I will make sure I head to the Hasbro booth as soon as I get in the door.

I am not sure if you (or anyone at FanExpo) is in charge of your twitter account but there is a tweet that implies there are a list of exclusives on your website.