• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2011 - August 25th to 28th in Toronto, Canada - Now 4 Days!

562 posts in this topic

$400 for something that costs them very little once initially set up? That's just wrong.

Wonder how 3G or 4G reception is down in the basement of the Convention Center? I know it was fine last year and previous years when I tethered to my Blackberry.

$400 for something that costs them very little once initially set up? That's just wrong.

$400 per retailer is something that costs very little?

I believe Bruno meant that having Wi-Fi is of little cost to everyday people, either at home or work, so $400 to charge retailers is ridiculous.

Am I correct Bru?

I believe Bruno meant that having Wi-Fi is of little cost to everyday people, either at home or work, so $400 to charge retailers is ridiculous.

Am I correct Bru?

(thumbs u Not sure how that could be misunderstood....

Am I correct Bru?

(thumbs u Not sure how that could be misunderstood....

His statement could also be looked at as a cost for Fan Expo to pay for and provide, which was the way I was interpreting the statement.

As for the MTCC, it may cost them very little, but you don't know what people will be using the WiFi for at the convention centre. Some may just use it to check email, others may try to download 200gb of bootleg movies. Hence, the ridiculous cost.

As for the MTCC, it may cost them very little, but you don't know what people will be using the WiFi for at the convention centre. Some may just use it to check email, others may try to download 200gb of bootleg movies. Hence, the ridiculous cost.

Some set ups rely heavily on an internet connection...gamers, some auction sites, etc so the cause of a 'net connection is the part of doing business.

My little tablet uses a cellular connection.

BOO YAAH!

:whee:

I just noticed that the Website states opening hours as 4pm tomorrow but my badge today states opening hours as 2pm.

Why is that?

I wasn't planning on opening up until 4pm tomorrow as i have my kids with me.

???

I just noticed that the Website states opening hours as 4pm tomorrow but my badge today states opening hours as 2pm.

Why is that?

???

2pm for Premium pass holders, and people that purchased Deluxe passes in advance. It's the "Preview" time.

Why is that?

???

2pm for Premium pass holders, and people that purchased Deluxe passes in advance. It's the "Preview" time.

WTF don't they list it as a preview time on the website like San Diego does?

I made plans with my kids yesterday and was planning on a 4pm open.

:censored:

Something that should be looked into for making a change for next year, but those preview times are listed with the ticket package. I know, not exactly the ideal place to find the show times, like the main page.

That being said, the show times are listed in the retailer kits. Thursday's show hours are from 14:00-21:00.

Why is that?

???

WTF don't they list it as a preview time on the website like San Diego does?

I made plans with my kids yesterday and was planning on a 4pm open.

:censored:

I'll watch your booth for ya Roy... muhahahaha :devil: