• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie costumes revealed, Cap & Spidey

145 posts in this topic

Cap's costume looks cool, kinda like a jazzed up paratrooper uni...Spidey's costume...I'm not loving it but I'd like to hold judgment till after I see the mask.

He may wear a gas mask because this movie will stink so badly.

I've never seen Spidey 3. Maybe I should...

:eek:

I've watched Batman & Robin, it can't get any worse...

Funny, I would have thought Gav would have like the Batman nipples...?

Bats is too much of a man for me. I like pushovers, like Roy.

I am not a pushover!! :mad:

Just ask and I'll immediately move out of your way. :insane:

I'm not sure what to think of the Spider-Man costume. I wonder why they felt they needed to change it so much?

I'm not a huge fan of the Captain America uniform. It's too busy and looks too much like a costume. Too many straps and other things going on. I'm even more disappointed with the two characters in the background. Are we getting a Captain America movie or another G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra type movie? Would it have been too much to keep this first Captain America movie more grounded in reality (World War II) with Captain America and Red Skull being the only fantastic characters?

I guess I'm more forgiving of the Spider-Man costume since my expectation have already been set on what a Spider-Man costume will be. After the horrible Green Goblin and Venom Hollywood makeover, my expectations have definitely been lowered for that franchise.

With Captain America, one of those characters who is iconic and can be used to tell a very poignant story, my expectations are high. Every time I see these auxiliary background characters dressed up in G.I. Joe type garb, I worry about what kind of movie we are getting. Undoubtedly, it won't be as poignant and thoughtful as I think it can and should be. Still, it's possible I'm giving this too much thought. If Captain America ends up being just another entertaining popcorn flick, I'll be happy. I was hoping for more Rocketeer than G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra however.

Here's my take on the Spider-man costume:

The ones from the Raimi movies are ridiculous. How did he sew those? He's a poor college student. They're obviously professionally manufactured.

Now THIS new reboot's costume looks like a scuba type outfit that this HIGH SCHOOL kid PAINTS. That's entirely plausible and much more "realistic."

That's how I see it anyway... Much more logical. (shrug)

I wouldn't get too worked up over the Spidey costume yet. While there is a bit too much "scaled" texture on the suit, so far it beats the raised silver webbing on the Raimi-style suits. I think someone mentioned the crazy spider on the chest . . . I'm assuming it looks that way because Spidey just got his handed to him in a fight, and is not how it is intended to look . . . at least I hope. :wishluck:

Wow, I hate the Spider-Man costume but I Like the Cap costume. I really don't have many expectations for the Spidey Movie, the actor sucks like Tobey did. And the costume doesn't make it feel better.

Cap's costume is cool because it fits the period and I'm pretty sure that we get an updated version of the costume in the Avengers movie.

costumes don't really mean that much to me anymore...

I remember when I got the first photo of Christian Bale in the new Batman

outfit and hated it...

To me it is all about writing. If it doesn't have a decent -script and actors that can't

pull it off it doesn't have a chance.

outfit and hated it...

To me it is all about writing. If it doesn't have a decent -script and actors that can't

^^

I like the Cap costume. It's much more realistic and true to what Cap might have worn than just wearing tights and going out to war but then I was reprogrammed with Hitch's version of Cap in The Ultimates. The only thing I don't like is the painted on wings.

Still not sure about the Spidey costume. I'd need to see another pic or two to form and opinion.

outfit and hated it...

But that is not always the case - look at Spider-man 1, that horrible Power Rangers outfit totally ruined a pretty good performance (and character setup) by Willem Dafoe.

What is most amusing about these funny book movies is that when Hollywood pinches out a steaming loaf, we have the following fanboy de/evolution:

First Stage (Release Week): Fanboy admits movie has some failings, but assures everyone it is a "great popcorn flick" and to not go in with "too high expectations" (only fanboys use those terms).

Second Stage (Partial Acceptance): Fanboy admits that the problems are deeper than he first thought, but it's still a worthwhile "popcorn movie" if you 'lower your expectations".

Third Stage (Acceptance): Fanboy admits the movie sucks, but along the way adds that "it's not as bad as (fill in the blank with a POS funny book movie) The Spirit/Batman & Robin/Ghost Rider/Jonah Hex/etc.).

Fourth Stage (Bandwagon Jumping): Now that the movie has made about as much money as it ever will, the fanboy now openly slams the movie, forgetting his previous commentary and opinions, reveling in the "group experience" of illustrating the movie's obvious shortcomings.

This is exactly what happened with Spider-man 3, and many people slamming it now called it a "great popcorn flick" and told us to 'lower our expectations" soon after launch. :roflmao:

If Captain America, Thor, Green Lantern, Spider-man Twilight sucks rocks, expect to see the exact same thing happen - mark my words.