• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your first comic?

81 posts in this topic

Not sure which was first...

I remember having ASM #90, Superboy #175, Detective #413 when I was about 5 years old. Used to walk about a mile to a little store with my cousin and buy a popsicle and a comic. Turns out I liked Neal Adams covers even back then...

I seriously have no idea what the first comic was that I bought. I remember enjoying reading Conan comics when I was really young. I don't have any of the comics from when I was a young child (we survived a flood and a house fire, each of which destroyed our respective homes, when I was a kid). Even the ones that I have had since I was a teenager, I can't remember which was "first". I am going to say that some of my earliest comics were Conan comics. I have always enjoyed the Conan stories, since I was very young. :)

Hell, I am 43 years old. I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast! :preach:

I don't remember if it was Godzilla or Champions but I remember the book and cover. It was Godzilla fighting the Champions and tearing up I think the Golden Gate bridge on the cover :cloud9:

Just looked it up on Comicvine and it was Godzilla #3. I LOVED the artwork on that book. I might even still have it somewhere but it is beat to hell. I must have read that thing a thousand times when i was a kid.

16044-2901-17871-1-godzilla_large.jpg

First one I remember buying at a actual comic shop was jim lee x-men #1 fold out cover :) Was also the first comic I decided to buy cgc to see if I liked the looks of cgc At some point I should get my original one SS :)

IMG_4912.jpg

What was the first comic you remember purchasing?

Mine was Amazing Spider-man #64

I bought it when I was 8 for 25 cents (Im 29 now). I had it slabbed for nostalgia.....it was a 4.0

I like the grading idea at some point I think I will do that with my xmen but have it a SS :)

One of the first comics I remembered buying off the newstands was Amazing Spiderman #238. I was 10 years old and had a bit of my own money from mowing lawns and stuff. Man, that was a cool issue with the tats and Hobgoblin! Sweeeet!

At the age of 10, I had an Amazing Spider-man 75, 80, and 101. But I got them from others.

Sometime during early 1974, I accumulated a Tales of the Zombie 3, Savage Tales 3, ASM 129 (yup), Captain Marvel 31, and a Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes 195, and 198.

I don't remember purchasing any of them myself though.

The first I remember is Giant Size Superstars #1 at the corner drug store across the street from my school. After that it was on!