• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another High Profile Comic Collector

39 posts in this topic

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Not sure if this has been discussed here at all, but I got a big kick out of it. Here's an extremely wealthy individual who comes from a famous family + collects fine art, 6 figure bottles of wine and comic books!!! :acclaim::applause::headbang::cloud9:

The first article on this page has him talking about his Flash collection, which is apparently fairly complete. Any chance he made that second chance offer on the Church Flash Comics #1 for $400K+?? hm

BTW, the Heritage magazine that this is from is a fantastic publication that runs the gamut on everything imaginable that can be collected. I look forward to reading each issue + reading the interviews with collectors. I always see the collector in me in them, even if they are billionaires. And the subscription is free, I think you just have to register with Heritage which is also free.

Based on his age, I believe he's referring to the SA Flash run. It's possible that he is the buyer of the GA Flash but, knowing who he goes through, I doubt it as I think he would have owned it years ago if he wanted it.

I wasn't aware that magazine existed, but I just submitted my request for a subscription. Thanks!

It's quite well done. Nice production quality with lots of eye candy.

Do they do one for the stupid collector?

I wasn't aware that magazine existed, but I just submitted my request for a subscription. Thanks!

No... they have two editions.

For the rich and

For the filthy rich.

;)

Most of the collectibles featured are 5 figures or more, but it is interesting reading about other hobbies and the interviews with collectors.

I think it was called Wizard

Thanks for posting the article. He seems to be a true collector!

That's one of the reasons I like this mag: I can identify with the collectors they interview, regardless of their means. There are certain characteristics (the passion, love of the hunt, love of the creators of our focus, the camaraderie of fellow collectors, etc) that flow through all collectors. We share these things in common + that transcends the superficialities that might set us apart.

:roflmao:

lol