• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Hey Gemma,

In the "Cursed Pirate Girl" set, there are slots for both "Cursed Pirate Girl 1 Unstamped Edition" and "Cursed Pirate Girl 1 Virgin Edition" - those two are actually the same book (the 1st print without the hand-stamped foil logo), so it would be great if you could combine the slots.

Thanks!

Also regarding the points in Deadpool Complete, I've always wondered the reasoning for some book values. Deadpool series 1997 issues 26-69 are of lower point value than the common issues of the 2008 series even though they sell for consistently more. Also a good chunk of the Deadpool one-shots are of the same low point value but are harder to find and much pricier than virtually most of the common books of both the 2008 and 1997 series.

Gemma,

just saw the planned Hitler cover theme set and it made me think about real life comics 3

I think this is very underscored, 8.0 gets a few hundred points, uncommon book in high grade, very desirable, classic Schomburg cover, sells for thousands, needs a bump

This has maybe been talked about already, IDK.... but what do the brass at CGC think of awarding a BONUS point amount for having the top census graded book ? It might encourage raw copy owners who think they have a competitive nice copy to get it graded and logged into the system hm

huh ? huh.... ? Damn, thats a great idea Senormac !! :grin:

First appearance of Warlord in 1st Issue Special 8 cgc 9.8 needs a bump, currently at 240 points

issues did sell for 1K, but have dropped a bit, now at 650-800$

dark cover, only 6 in 9.8 which remains low for bronze

great story that ran for over 100 issues

suggest an increase for that issue (600-800 in 9.8)

Hi Gemma,

Can you update scores for Darkness Series?

Here are some of the recent sales (Ebay's info):

-Darkness 40 SS CGC 9.8 Volume 1 - Sold $171.50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=300558203759&si=A2NwSsY7bgblEKBJALXR92Md0rs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

-DARKNESS #28 CGC 9.8 - Sold $212.50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110696212952&si=A2NwSsY7bgblEKBJALXR92Md0rs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

-DARKNESS v2 #9 CGC 9.8 - Sold $201.50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=190541187477&si=A2NwSsY7bgblEKBJALXR92Md0rs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

-Volume 1 #1 Fan club CGC 9.8 sold recently for $100+

-Preview Darkness issue - Sold for $200+ (2 months ago)

-Score for #1/2 issue CGC 9.8 (80) vs #1/2 X-mas Edition CGC 9.8 (40) is way wrong

-Volume 1 #1 Platinum has equal score to #11 Chromium edition (160), shouldn't #1 has higher score?

-All issues from Volume 1 and 2 probably need an increase in score; they are currently scored as same as Volume 3.

The score for volume 1 #25 Holofoil CGC 9.8 (48) seems very low compared to #11 in same volume (160)

Thanks,

I think the scores for Occult Files of Doctor Spektor need fixing:

for issue #1, there is only 1 point for all grades through 8.5; then with grade 9.0 it jumps to 70 points. It gets more bizarre with the 2nd issue and further, jumping to 35 points in 9.0 grade, then dropping to 1 point in 9.2 grade, and jumping back up to 105 points in 9.4 grade.

Hi Gemma :hi:

I don't ask for a lot of requests,but this one is been bugging me.

How is it that Wolverine Limited Series #1 Qualified grade have more points than both Universal & Signature Series grades combined? (shrug)

A 9.8 Universal grade has 160 points,and A 9.8 Signature Series grade has 176 points.

Yet,a 9.8 Qualified grade has 524 points?

I thought Qualified grades have less points than both Universal & Signature Series grades? (shrug)

Is there a way to fix this?

• Administrator

How is it that Wolverine Limited Series #1 Qualified grade have more points than both Universal & Signature Series grades combined? (shrug)

A 9.8 Universal grade has 160 points,and A 9.8 Signature Series grade has 176 points.

I thought Qualified grades have less points than both Universal & Signature Series grades? (shrug)

Sorry, all fixed now! :D

Sorry, all fixed now! :D

Thanks Gemma :cool:

Hi Gemma,

The score for Darkness Vol 3 #79 Sketch Cover (100% All-Beef Edition) need correction.

The current Raw book is selling for $125 ($69.99 current promotion) at Top Cow's official store, limited to 250 copies.

The current score for CGC 9.8 is 40 points, lower than the Raw book.

Thanks,

http://www.thetopcowstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DARK79C

ccf080520110000.jpg

Gemma,

I think the points for Action comics 252 are too low, 2500 for a 9.0 and sales are between 5000-7000$; its considered a bit of a key s the first appearance of Supergirl, I suspect it would be quite reasonable to double the points for this book.

Joe