• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official "Hey, these scores need fixing" thread (Revised)

593 posts in this topic

Hi Gemma,

I'd like to suggest a point change for Umbrella Academy Apocalypse Suite #1 Special Edition. This book currently has the same point values as the Variant Cover and Second Print Variant from the same series despite being far more rare. There are only 1,000 of the Special Edition books in print compared to over 3,000 for the Variant cover and 10,000 of the Second Print Variant. Universal 9.8 copies of the Special Edition routinely sell for between $120 and $160, 2-3 times as much as the others.

The Special Edition is THE key book for the Umbrella Academy series and I think the point values should distinguish it as such.

Thanks

UARRP99Front.jpg

Hi Gemma,

I'd like to suggest a point change for Umbrella Academy Apocalypse Suite #1 Special Edition. This book currently has the same point values as the Variant Cover and Second Print Variant from the same series despite being far more rare. There are only 1,000 of the Special Edition books in print compared to over 3,000 for the Variant cover and 10,000 of the Second Print Variant. Universal 9.8 copies of the Special Edition routinely sell for between $120 and $160, 2-3 times as much as the others.

The Special Edition is THE key book for the Umbrella Academy series and I think the point values should distinguish it as such.

Thanks

UARRP99Front.jpg

I agree - the DH100 Special Edition is much more valuable than any of the other variants.

• Administrator
Gemma,

I think the points for Action comics 252 are too low, 2500 for a 9.0 and sales are between 5000-7000$; its considered a bit of a key s the first appearance of Supergirl, I suspect it would be quite reasonable to double the points for this book.

Joe

Actually there is an issue with the Action Comics scores (but this one is now corrected) so you will see other adjustments in some of the sets soon. Basically when I "adjusted" the scores before it didn't apply properly to all of the sets, but that will be updated shortly. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I recently asked for a set of Crow comics including all printings and think the #1 2nd printing should be worth more points. Going from 300 for a 1st print 9.6 to 30 for a 2nd print seems like quite a significant drop in points. Also the #3 2nd printing should, in my opinion, be worth more points (currently worth the same as the #1 2nd print), especially considering the much higher gloss cover that makes it one of the few issues where there is a noticeable difference between a 1st print and a 2nd print.

I recently asked for a set of Crow comics including all printings and think the #1 2nd printing should be worth more points. Going from 300 for a 1st print 9.6 to 30 for a 2nd print seems like quite a significant drop in points. Also the #3 2nd printing should, in my opinion, be worth more points (currently worth the same as the #1 2nd print), especially considering the much higher gloss cover that makes it one of the few issues where there is a noticeable difference between a 1st print and a 2nd print.

I think at the time when we were going through points adjustments, there were no second printings submitted. Some nut sent those in.

:shy:

I do agree, they are both worth more.

Will there be scores added to some of the books in the Dave Stevens Covers set, such as for The Rocketeer: The Official Movie Adaptation (Walt Disney) nn and Star Slayer 1? Maybe you were planning to update these soon but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Gemma,

Hi - the score for Haunt (Image) #2 Sketch Variant needs fixing. I inserted a 9.8 that was accepted by the system but received 0 points. I delted and resubmitted a couple days later with same result. Pls take a look when you can.

THX!!!

On the Sin City (one shots) set there is a blank spot where Lost, Lonely, & Lethal is suppose to be that if you submit that comic in that spot allows it there but gives no points, if you could please take a look when you get a chance it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Again.

There may also be a problem with Grendel #4 on the Dave Stevens set.

It seems like it's a different Grendel #4 in the Dave Stevens set, with no scores, compared to the Grendel #4 in the Grendel set. Thanks.

• Administrator

It is just that this was the first time that the issue was registered so each slot has to be set up. If you get the message that the comic has been added to the Admin queue, then it will automatically be resolved in one business day.

This is my first request for fixing scores so bare with me. I would request that Angel: After The Fall #1 Wedding Edition points to be raised because only 200 copies were produced and it is really hard to find. There are 2 Gem Mint copies that sold at $500 and $550 per GPA data, 1 9.9 Mint that sold for $500, 1 9.8 copy sold for $291, and a 9.6 copy that sold for $101. That is why I think that the 75pts that a Gem mint copy is too low. (thumbs u

Hello Gemma!

I'm a new CGC member, and this is my first post, so hope I'm not asking something stupid:

I noticed that in the "Flinstones (1961)" set, when I click on the entry for the issue "Flintstones at the New York World's Fair (1964) 1" there are NO point totals listed.

However, when I check the CGC census, 14 books have been already graded.

I'm submitting this book myself for Certification, and when it comes back, will I be able to add it to my set and 'earn points' for it, or do you first have to list points for that entry?

I'm not sure how it works....

Thanks.

• Administrator

Normally slots like these are scored once the first user registers a comic in them. I don't think that any of these had been graded when the set was first constructed, but I have scored both "Flintstones at the New York World's Fair" issues now.

Hi Gemma,

the Superman Bradman #nn (1988) comic (see: "Superman One-Shots" set) seems to have very very low scores in the registry. The comic is incredibly rare and valuable: only around 100 were ever produced at a cost of around £10,000 in 1988 (commissioned by a UK Billionaire!).

Sale links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTREMELY-RARE-1988-SUPERMAN-CUSTOM-COMIC-THIS-ISLAND-BRADMAN-/300606463616?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item45fd8a9e80

- this one was a 8.5-9.2 (I have the scans)

Another sold on comiclink for $2,600 (CGC 9.6) - unfortunately the link to the sale seems to be dead now.

http://www.recalledcomics.com/SupermanBradman.php

Given the rarity and sales, the scores should be well in excess of the Elseworlds 80-page giant from the same set (probably 4 times the scores at least?).

Any help appreciated

Kind regards

Neeidea

Hey Gemma,

I added some regular issues for the Batman set 'The Return of Bruce Wayne' and 0 points shows up once the comics have been to my set. The comics themselves have point values for them, it just doesn't show up once its added.

This could be a technical error, I just haven't encountered anything like this before.

Thanks for the assistance,

CRNBRD