• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 17* Results

49 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 17 Results

Jungle Action #1 10/72 Marvel Comics - OFF-WHITE TO WHITE.

Actual Grade: CGC 9.2

th_Round17-jungleaction001.jpg th_Round17-JungleAction1f.jpg th_Round17-JungleAction1b.jpg

Round 17 Grade Breakdowns

Round17-GradeBreakdown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 17 Results - By Place

Round17-Results.png

Round 17 Commentary

An abbreviated commentary this round as DrWatson finds himself on the sidelines for a week in the penalty box.

Not much movement in the Top Ten as drewincanada, mrlatko, and toro make themselves at home in First Place for the third straight round. :cool:

Joining them in the Top Ten are The Resurrection, trmoore54, and zukuss2003!. This round marks trmoore54's long awaited re-entrance back to the Top Ten . Avert your eyes as he falls to the ground and weeps. :shy:

Newcomer trip74 bravely enters the ring only to immediately fall to last place. Welcome!

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is now at 15! If you are under it, you are playing for Second Place! :eek:

Round 18 begins RIGHT NOW!!!

Newcomer trip74 bravely enters the ring only to immediately fall to last place. Welcome!

Check his entry form and see if he is Danish.

SPECIAL NOTE

Our very own Thomas Nielsen has apparently grown up... scoring his THIRD bullseye in a row! (After six -1 rounds in the first seven rounds.)

SPECIAL NOTE

Our very own Thomas Nielsen has apparently grown up... scoring his THIRD bullseye in a row! (After six -1 rounds in the first seven rounds.)

Damn, he's schooling me.

lol

Round 17 Commentary

Thanks. Boy, I was really off on my first guess. Don't know what I was thinking, but really under graded it.

Welcome to the contest! (thumbs u

This was a difficult round. It looked to me like the back cover *might* have small moisture stains in each of the top corners, but I really couldn't tell for sure. My first thought was 9.2/9.4 range, but after staring at those awhile I guessed 9.0, hoping to at least eke out a point or two if the potential staining dropped the book into the VF range. (shrug)