• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 17* Results

49 posts in this topic

Newcomer trip74 bravely enters the ring only to immediately fall to last place. Welcome!

Check his entry form and see if he is Danish.

Nope. Why, what's the reference?

Until he got his sea legs under him our resident Dane(Thomas Nielsen) was master of the -1. A torch I'm sure he's glad to pass on!

Wow .... you guys are good. I saw all those rounded corners and thought 8.5 .... but gave it a generous 9.0. I wouldn't have been surprised at all if this one came back 8.5 ....... :P

5 bullseyes in a row. :acclaim:

5 misses in a row :acclaim:

Oh wait.........we're supposed to guess the grade! :idea:

I thought the purpose was to embarrass ourselves in front of a ridiculously small percentage of the collecting population :sorry:

SPECIAL NOTE

(After six -1 rounds in the first seven rounds.)

Thank you for pointing that out lol

Well, before this contest i thought foxing was something RMA and the rest of the British elite did on the weekends

:baiting:

fox13jpge71ab3a4403412d.jpg

But i'm afraid my FlukeFive™ streak will be over with the grade i'm about to submit on that x-men :(

Round 17 Commentary

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is now at 15! If you are under it, you are playing for Second Place! :eek:

There are 8 rounds left so that's a potential 40 points... current leaders have 63 points... isn't the MEL actually 23 not 15??? Or are there some bonus rounds/points?

Please explain so I'll understand what's happening when the MEL catches up to me!

AH.. let's see.

8 rounds left. 5 x 8 = 40 max points more

Current leader = 63 points in First Place

8 ROUNDS of -1 score = -8 (Yeah... highly unlikely!)

So 63 - 40 - 8 = 15

So if you have 15 points currently and you score 8 bullseyes, you will end up with 55 points. The person in First Place, and basically EVERYONE ELSE, must get a negative -1 score for the next 8 rounds for you to JUST TIE.

So if you're even CLOSE to the Mathematically Eliminated Line, trouble looms. :eek:

Aha thanks! I overlooked the negs that I need to be wishing upon the contest leaders. :gossip:

Wishing negs on the leaders is bad karma for whoever does so. (tsk)

Yeah, and remember, we're all a couple of plane crashes away from first place!!