• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

These "Chase" auctions... am I the dummy here???

43 posts in this topic

Another way to sell your drek...

Am I the dummy here?

I bought one and got this VF 8.0-ish Judge Colt...

$6.86 down the drain.

Should I try another one in the hopes of getting the ASM 129???

CAL hm

No.

I've seen these posted by numerous Ebaycaphites over the years and I don't believe them for a minute...

They do the same thing with the coins.

"Unsearched Wheat roll- 1914D GEM MONSTER- RRAAAAHH!"

Whatever.

14Ds are for wusses. I got an 09SVDB.

I found a 1914D with my metal detector, in my own front yard! Granted it's not exactly in mint condition. Alas, no 1909S-VDB. (Yet.)

1914D-OBV.jpg1914D-REV.jpg

Not bad at all!

Nice find... :)

Am I the dummy here?

$6.86 down the drain.

CAL hm

No.

I've seen these posted by numerous Ebaycaphites over the years and I don't believe them for a minute...

They do the same thing with the coins.

"Unsearched Wheat roll- 1914D GEM MONSTER- RRAAAAHH!"

Whatever.

14Ds are for wusses. I got an 09SVDB.

I found a 1914D with my metal detector, in my own front yard! Granted it's not exactly in mint condition. Alas, no 1909S-VDB. (Yet.)

1914D-OBV.jpg1914D-REV.jpg

Wow, TT! That coin's worth $75-$100 as is, and you could probably get it conserved, and it'll be $200+. That's an amazing find!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1914-D-LINCOLN-WHEAT-CENT-VG-F-Rare-Date-LW64-/260716250099?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3cb3e643f3

Speaking of, this guy is a tool. :)

... hm

I think he has a point though as to the value.

You see, that coin has " fulll visible wheat lines. "

There's an extra L in there... maybe signifying the rare extra stalk variety.

Oh, waitaminute...

When I first entered a "chase", I received a very nice mid-grade TTA #86; one of my friends entered another, and got a 4.0 X-Men (Vol. 1) #1! doh!

I suppose it's up to the individual buyer whether to click on the BIN & take a chance, or not... (shrug)

Wow! Since we "out" dishonest eBay sellers, can you provide the eBay name of the seller who had the chase auction and really sent an X-Men #1? He deserves the good publicity.

Sure...

eBay ID: gabbagabbaheycomics

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170560800561&si=LDbcrtpR93l39Aq%252FHaEi5DHTlZc%253D&viewitem=

When I first entered a "chase", I received a very nice mid-grade TTA #86; one of my friends entered another, and got a 4.0 X-Men (Vol. 1) #1! doh!

I suppose it's up to the individual buyer whether to click on the BIN & take a chance, or not... (shrug)

Wow! Since we "out" dishonest eBay sellers, can you provide the eBay name of the seller who had the chase auction and really sent an X-Men #1? He deserves the good publicity.

Sure...

eBay ID: gabbagabbaheycomics

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170560800561&si=LDbcrtpR93l39Aq%252FHaEi5DHTlZc%253D&viewitem=

I was drinking last night surfing the boards. I woke up this morning and realized I bought three lots in a x-men chase lot from this seller. Oh well I guess I will post what I get whenever it comes in. By the way this is the first chase thing I have ever done. :insane: I went to bed with dreams of X-men 94 GS x-men 1 and that sort of thing. We'll see what I really get :makepoint:

Am I the dummy here?

$6.86 down the drain.

CAL hm

Kudos to Cal for backing rhetoric with action. (thumbs u <-- the good one

Yes, I reported the tool, eBay ostensibly "did nothing", but I note the seller is no longer offering these "lucky dips".