• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most annoying lowball offer you've received on a book?

80 posts in this topic

The weirdest part of mine was it wasn't even a book that technically had for sale. I had posted a pic of it in the "back from CGC" thread and then when I did my sales thread a few weeks ago, I got the PM lowballing me and asking me to add the book to the sales thread.

Maybe it's just me but if you're trying to convince them to sell a book, offering 50% of it's value probably isn't a good idea (thumbs u

I'd never pay that much for a Conan 9.8

Look, I lowball all the time. Just ask LordRahl, for example. My favorite ARROGANT LOWBALLER annoyed me, not because of the less than 50% offer, but because he was ARROGANT.

Yeah but you don't do what is being described up above. At least not to me. I don't mind being lowballed as long as it isn't done in a way where said lowballer is making it sound like he's doing ME a favor by lowballing me.

I had a very famous dealer try to talk down the price on my AF #15 CGC 6.5 (Universal label) by trying to convince me that it's trimmed.

meh

:o Very famous dealer? That doesn't bode well for the hobby when someone like that would be trying to scam someone out of a book of that caliber! Wonder who it was? hm

In all honesty, if Roy doesn't want to post who it was, I can understand that. I don't know if I qualify or not as a famous dealer, but I would appreciate if he would tell who it wasn't.

I wouldn't mind a few lowball offers right now...

$10 shipped for the TTA93! :baiting:

Seriously, either sell that damn thing or take it down before Im tempted any more to buy it! I have way too many books coming up in the next few auctions that I gotta figure out how to afford to keep being tempted with that TTA! :frustrated: That thing is sweet!!!

Not sure about "lowballs" but I once was offered a "hairy ball" by a fellow collector that I graciously turned down. Im sure he knows who he is ...

If you've graciously turned down his offer, then what are you doing walking around carrying your hairy ball sack?