• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comico Primer Club.
4 4

233 posts in this topic

If you're trying to establish whether there's any sort of significant demand for a Primer book that isn't a #2 or #5 - which would seem likely considering this poll was started after the long, drawn-out discussions we've had about Primer #6 in the registry forum - price is actually a pretty important consideration.

Just to make it clear, I'm responding to your post, and not trolling you. Just so some little person doesn't try and twist it.

Wasn't it you that said focusing on FMV was silly? So I avoided the topic just to see what interest there is out there for owning the entire Primer set.

If that discussion got long and drawn out, take a look at the both of us, and your continued argument it is a dollar book. Don't try the BS of pinning that just on me.

Now, can we get back to the topic, or are you going to drag that debate around the forum a few times?

Wasn't it you that said focusing on FMV was silly? So I avoided the topic just to see what interest there is out there for owning the entire Primer set.

What I said was using FMV as the sole basis for a registry value was silly. And, on the other side of the fence, using "there are no slabbed copies in 9.8" as the sole basis was equally insane.

If that discussion got long and drawn out, take a look at the both of us, and your continued argument it is a dollar book. Don't try the BS of pinning that just on me.

I'm not pinning anything on anybody. It has been a long, drawn-out discussion - that's all.

Now, can we get back to the topic, or are you going to drag that debate around the forum a few times?

You created this poll after you started the discussion about the Primer #6 in two separate threads over in the registry forum. So, pray tell, how exactly am I dragging this debate around the board? As far as I can see this debate is entirely confined to the threads from which it originated :shrug:

What if you already have all of them?

Well, you can never have too many copies of sweet copper books, anyway! :cloud9:

(From one hoarder to another :hi: )

I'm not a hoarder...

It's...uh...inventory....

:whistle:

Is that what you keep telling yourself? :baiting:

You created this poll after you started the discussion about the Primer #6 in two separate threads over in the registry forum. So, pray tell, how exactly am I dragging this debate around the board? As far as I can see this debate is entirely confined to the threads from which it originated :shrug:

Because, kind sir, it got me thinking how many people really care about this books versus one or two books.

But when you started talking about long, drawn-out discussion it appeared like you were wanting to continue the topic here. That's not what I was looking for. I'm done with it at this point. And since you posted this, it is very clear you were meaning all-around.

It has been a long, drawn-out discussion - that's all.

So, let's get back to the topic of discussing the books.

What if you already have all of them?

Well, you can never have too many copies of sweet copper books, anyway! :cloud9:

(From one hoarder to another :hi: )

I'm not a hoarder...

It's...uh...inventory....

:whistle:

That's it! Inventory!

Why is it so hard to convince my friends that's the case? :insane:

So...Who won?

mschmidt

or

Bosco685

My view was that Gemma the Hammer came down pretty hard in the thread. She was the clear winner.

So...Who won?

mschmidt

or

Bosco685

Way to keep the flames going Sam with a question like that. :applause:

With all the pushback mainly from one person, she did what she had to in order to keep the peace. I don't blame her. At least she gave it more than 80 points, which was one of mschmidt's recommendations. And at least it is much better than what CGC has been awarding for a long time to Copper Age independent books that are tougher to track down in 9.4 or better condition, in greater demand, and commanding more money than 35-50 points would reflect (what it appears them seem to gravitate towards as a starting point).

It is what it is. But the poll results are interesting in that maybe, one day, we may see a complete Primer set out there. It appears there is more interest in owning a complete set than some would believe.

:cloud9:

Must. Let. This. Go. Please.

Nick,

I'm not taking sides because I really don't care. The bottom line is that you like the series and want a high grade run. That's great. Go after it! I don't see why artificial points or the fact that others do or don't want it should have any effect in either driving ones collecting or deterring one from what they like. Those who appreciate the difficulty of attaining these in high grade will appreciate seeing a high grade run. Those who don't obviously won't.

I understand the point you were trying to make. I understand both you and mschmidt's points. They've been heard. Discussions are great. Comics are supposed to be FUN. If you get a full Primer run in 9.8 I'll give you 50,000 William Points*. They are difficult to come by and are highly sought after. To most people in the world, they have the same value as registry points. Meaning that when you tell someone that you have "600 registry points" or "600 William points," you will get the exact same blank stare with a little head nod and an "oh...uh, that's nice".

*I will not give you 50,000 William Points. That would be careless.