• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comico Primer Club.
4 4

233 posts in this topic

I was doing a search on Primer looking for an old post of mine and didn't realize there was a thread dedicated to primer so I thought I would post this #2.

I think it was cool that I saved this book from not being desired using a standard pressing technique.

PRba1-1.jpg

PRba2-1.jpg

PRba3-1.jpg

Wow! I think that's really cool... well done :)

RMA has a stack of those, doesn't he?

Love this book... I got my #2 (along with Grendel 1-3) signed by Wagner at HeroesCon a few years ago. Not SS, mind you, just signed... and they're extra worthless now b/c I asked him to write "To Jim" on them. :)

Good luck with the hunt!

Don't know. You mean a stack of 9.8 slabs?

Anyway, doesn't really matter, because I've already been able to secure a 9.8 of the 2 for a somewhat reasonable deal. Kind of excited about that actually.

The books you had signed are not worthless, because they are for you, and should be special to you, even more so now with the personalization.

:D

Anyway, doesn't really matter, because I've already been able to secure a 9.8 of the 2 for a somewhat reasonable deal. Kind of excited about that actually.

:applause: I love a happy story ending (I can't say happy ending - people will misread that.) DANG IT!

:ohnoez:

The books you had signed are not worthless, because they are for you, and should be special to you, even more so now with the personalization.

:D

:applause:

Thanks RMA, you actually got my blood up.

But I have a Primer 2 in 9.8 white already! Also have Grendel 1 and 3 in the same.

What I need is a GRENDEL 2!!! :(

The census is light on that one so it's giving me fits trying to complete the set, and is the reason I've included 9.6 in my search...

Yes sir, that is one sweet comic. I'm kinda down because I recently realized my copy of Grendel 1 was only a 9.6, and I thought I had all 9.8s. The search continues for a copy of Grendel 2 though...

Just wrote Matt Wagner again to ask if he would ever part with original art from the first appearances of Grendel, the Primer 2 and subsequent three issues...

I do that every now and then, to no avail. :(

There two high grade 2's on ebay. One 9.8 and 9.6. I talked to the seller about the 9.6 and I think the price was around $250. I have been thinking about getting the 1 cgc 9.6 auto and sketched one on ebay. Has been there for a while really firm on price but would be a great match with the primer 2. Grendel 2 not Primer 2 above. Might the best chance to pick up a really nice copy.

Picked up a primer 5 just this past week looks very nice could grade really well.

Edited by mikeggg