• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 24* Results

30 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 24 Results

Amazing Spider-Man 100 9/71 Marvel Comics OFF-WHITE TO WHITE pages.

Actual Grade: CGC 6.0

th_Round24-ASM100f.jpg th_Round24-ASM100b.jpg th_Round24-asm100_001.jpg

Round 24 Grade Breakdowns

Round24-GradeBreakDown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 24 Results - By Place

Round24-Results.png

Round 24 Commentary

24 Rounds. 140 contestants. ONE CORRECT ROUND 24 GUESS.

Congrats to POINT FIVE for doing what no one else could do for ROUND 24: luckily guess the correct grade! (worship)(worship)

With one round to go, He11blazer surges into the lead with SOLE POSSESSION of First Place and a TWO POINT LEAD. :applause:

Hot on his tail, Timmay and toro pursue in Second Place with ckp1680 lagging behind in Fourth Place. :eek:

There are now NO CONTESTANTS left without a negative. Wasonff is still commended for outlasting every other contestant! (thumbs u

This was by FAR the toughest round as only a pathetic 6% of the Round 24 contestants got within +/- 1 grade and only Point Five was able to hit the bullseye.

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is now at 82! If you are under it, you are playing for Second Place! :P

Round 25 MARKS THE END OF AN ERA!

I may be overstating the obvious, but there was no possible way to mine this puppy. lol

I feel very lucky to have grabbed a point with a 7.0 grade, and it was between that and 6.5, but congrats on the lone 6.0 bulls-eye. :applause:

No, there is a bigass crease from the left of Spidey's knee through Kraven's head, which pretty well guarantees a 7.5 or lower grade no matter the rest.
Yep, that was my rationale as well. With the small tear on the right edge, I graded it a 7.0. If I had caught that tape pull on the rear cover as well, I would've gotten the second bullseye :(

Congrats to Point Five!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I screwed up, I started at 7.0, went down to 6.5 and then after seeing the book on a nice monitor it looked so nice I gave it a 7.5. The lesson learned, is stick with your first gut feeling. At least I would have gotten a point.

Also after submitting my grade I saw Roy's gorgeous X-Men #1 that received a 7.0 because of a non color breaking crease in the back. I knew I was doomed after that.

No, there is a bigass crease from the left of Spidey's knee through Kraven's head, which pretty well guarantees a 7.5 or lower grade no matter the rest.
Yep, that was my rationale as well. With the small tear on the right edge, I graded it a 7.0. If I had caught that tape pull on the rear cover as well, I would've gotten the second bullseye :(

So that's what was going on on the BC! Didn't figure that out. doh! But didn't spend any time agonizing over it either.

Scan grading is pretty tough. Doing that without being able to ask questions about flaws you can see but can't identify is doubly tough! doh! doh!