• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop Comments in sales threads

Ban Sales Thread Comments  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Sales Thread Comments

169 posts in this topic

Accuses Phil of being a liar in sales thread

8milemax quickly jumps in after and accuses Bruce1971 of being an alleybat shill doh!

What this leads me to think is perhaps there should be a new rule instated of no commenting in others sale threads (shrug) Unless of course it is a legitimate warning to all boardies and ridiculous posts like rimshots get you a week vacation.

This no comments includes no positive comments too like "great book" etc etc which sometimes is buddies just bumping threads.

What do you others think ?

lol are you serious? I got the names mixed up and apologized to bruce! It is rimshot who I meant was a shill for alleybat and I stated it also. Why are you making a big deal about it? I was sticking up for a long standing member who got ripped off by alleybat and wanted to call him out as a shill. Take a pill

It is a valid topic for discussion. Maybe cut that pill in half and each take it? :foryou:

Why would anyone choose Rimshot for a Boards name?

Good lord. I've met alleybat. He was a little aggressive, true. The man looked & acted aggrieved; which he wasn't, btw. But he didn't look so utterly foolish enough to choose a shill name like Rimshot.

Rimshot? That's just foul.

Accuses Phil of being a liar in sales thread

8milemax quickly jumps in after and accuses Bruce1971 of being an alleybat shill doh!

What this leads me to think is perhaps there should be a new rule instated of no commenting in others sale threads (shrug) Unless of course it is a legitimate warning to all boardies and ridiculous posts like rimshots get you a week vacation.

This no comments includes no positive comments too like "great book" etc etc which sometimes is buddies just bumping threads.

What do you others think ?

lol are you serious? I got the names mixed up and apologized to bruce! It is rimshot who I meant was a shill for alleybat and I stated it also. Why are you making a big deal about it? I was sticking up for a long standing member who got ripped off by alleybat and wanted to call him out as a shill. Take a pill

It is a valid topic for discussion. Maybe cut that pill in half and each take it? :foryou:

Just as long as it one of those real good pills :headbang:

Why would anyone choose Rimshot for a Boards name?

Good lord. I've met alleybat. He was a little aggressive, true. The man looked & acted aggrieved; which he was. But he didn't look so utterly foolish enough to choose a shill name like Rimshot.

Rimshot? That's just foul.

A rim shot is the "ba-dump bump" after a joke. But then, you know this. Your mind has taken up permanent lodgings in the gutter.

On a personal level, threads that are sterile and surgical like, are boring and I usually won't buy from them.

??? Why the hell should that matter? Either a sales thread has books I want or it doesn't. The fact that there is no "banter" going on is irrelevant.

You're telling me that if a sales thread has a comic you want, you won't buy it because no one is commenting in the thread?

Johnny Cochran says: "If there's no banter in the thread, you do not get the bread."

METER, GINGY, METER!!

You don't approve of trochaic heptameter?

It's like playing the dominant chord at the end of a piece, and then not resolving to the tonic....

In all seriousness sales threads really should be limited to the ops ad and serious buyers and not for regular chat. It is unnecessary bumping of sales threads. Having chats about books and such is what the other sections are for.

Gotta disagree dude. We're not a tiny community, but not all that huge either. The informality and camaraderie in sales threads is part of what gets me buying here.

Yeah, but it can be taken to extremes, such as pointed out by a poster above, when there's more banter than actual comics being sold.

and more "Out of Context" quotes to be had. (thumbs u

There are enough regulations already in the marketplace as it is - yes, there's the occasional pillock whose sole reason for being on the board is to stir the pot, but they could turn up anywhere.

Trying to curb banter on a message board thread (regardless of intention) even if it does involve a transaction, is ludicrous.

Does that mean Arty the For Sale Aardvark is banned now?

aardvark.jpg

Well, at least we can't see the aardvark's rimshot too. :sick:

Usual rules apply.

1) shipping is included.

2) :takeit: in thread takes precedent.

3) I will note pressing where applicable.

4) Thread crapping is encouraged.

:hi:

The seller certainly has the option of requesting no banter at the beginning of a thread, or later on if its starting to go off the rails. Why do we need a rule? I enjoy the info and opinions. When you buy from an LCS do you remain silent at the register?

The seller certainly has the option of requesting no banter at the beginning of a thread, or later on if its starting to go off the rails. Why do we need a rule? I enjoy the info and opinions. When you buy from an LCS do you remain silent at the register?

I do. I go in to get my comics and skeedaddle. The less I have to say the better.

Usual rules apply.

1) shipping is included.

2) :takeit: in thread takes precedent.

3) I will note pressing where applicable.

4) Thread crapping is encouraged.

:hi:

Haven't sold anything in a while, but the busier the thread, the more I usually sold. Anyone who believes otherwise never witnessed a cd4ever sales thread.

On a personal level, threads that are sterile and surgical like, are boring and I usually won't buy from them.

??? Why the hell should that matter? Either a sales thread has books I want or it doesn't. The fact that there is no "banter" going on is irrelevant.

You're telling me that if a sales thread has a comic you want, you won't buy it because no one is commenting in the thread?

That my friend, is why I never speak in absolutes (thumbs u

One could also extrapolate, from the post, a logical connection with my interest in a particular thread equating to time and money spent in said thread.

Or I just like to post pictures of George Clooney :P