• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop Comments in sales threads

Ban Sales Thread Comments  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Sales Thread Comments

169 posts in this topic

Pizzes me off when a book sells via PM before it is offered in the thread. Even though it may have been in the title of the thread, or mentioned that it will be coming up later in the thread.

But....it's your book, so do with it what you will applies.

I think that the "for sale" threads run pretty well. To participate in the "banter" appropriately, you have to be somewhat familiar with who initiated the thread. Some people here are more uptight than others. More persnickety, careful, choosy, fastidious, finicky, dainty, eclectic, exacting, acute, choosy, or delicate.

I get perturbed with that as well. Especially since I always wait for the book to be posted in the actually thread.

Some people here are more uptight than others. More persnickety, careful, choosy, fastidious, finicky, dainty, eclectic, exacting, acute, choosy, or delicate.

You need to watch your tone :sumo:

:jokealert:

I also laugh when someone says to the buyer, "Thanks for taking the temptation away, I was just about to pull the trigger."

Dan

You mean after the book has been sitting there for two days? lol

Guilty as charged. :tonofbricks:

Oh, I'm guilty too! Just find it funny! :grin:

Dan

Pizzes me off when a book sells via PM before it is offered in the thread. Even though it may have been in the title of the thread, or mentioned that it will be coming up later in the thread.

But....it's your book, so do with it what you will applies.

I think that the "for sale" threads run pretty well. To participate in the "banter" appropriately, you have to be somewhat familiar with who initiated the thread. Some people here are more uptight than others. More persnickety, careful, choosy, fastidious, finicky, dainty, eclectic, exacting, acute, choosy, or delicate.

Pizzes me off when I sell a book via PM before it's offered and a lot of people complain. Guess what happens next, this seldom offered book shows up in two sales threads within a day and neither one sells, at least for the few days I watched the sales threads. A few months later the book I sold is then offered on the boards and doesn't even sell at the price I sold it for and the thread is closed.

As usual, by the time I comment on a thread, the topic has diverged so far from the original subject, it's practically unrecognizable. Still, if I may comment on the original subject...

I come here to talk about comic books. So, if Sufunk posts Bats #3 - first appearance of Catwoman - I just have to say something because it's in my DNA. And, when I post my books, I like having my friends stop by and post a comment letting me know that they been by. Anyway, IMHO, collecting is a fun hobby, not a business and I enjoy the comments.

Due to work, family and tennis commitments, I only am able to spend about an hour or two on the boards per day. On some weekends I have more time. As a result, I only look at sales threads in which the subject line promises something of interest. I suspect that there are others in my shoes who, due to time constraints, aren't able to wade through every page of every sales thread.

I liked the suggestion of a summary of books being offered on the first page. If only a few books (less than 2 pages?) are going to be listed, this isn't such a big deal, but for a sales thread with dozens of books please, I'm sorry sellers, I don't have the time or patience to go through 10-20 pages to see if there is a book buried in there that I want. Chances are, I'll never see that book on page 16 that you want me to know you're selling unless you are really, really good at writing subject lines.

Could we ask Architecht to put this in the guidelines as a suggestion for sales threads? Not as a requirement, of course. If you insist on people going through your whole thread to find everything in there, that is your business, just know that some potential buyers won't take the time.