• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

Same thing i read everyday, scripts for the latest episode of The Blacklist and Bull we are shooting, and the 35 revisions per day that i get emailed daily. We had 3 revisions since i started writing this alone.

I am reading Comic Book Fever: celebrating comics from 1976-1986.

A great book with lots of internal information about a period of time in comicbooks that I am very fond of: 1976-1986. Ideally I started buying comics earlier, but that time period is when I was in full swing using the money I earned from delivering 2 paper routes.

I highly recommend the book, great reading!

tumblr_ohu7ivcuMh1t3i99fo1_1280.jpg

On 11/1/2017 at 9:28 PM, jimjum12 said:

I'm finishing up "The Amber Room" by Steve Berry :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Any good?  It's actually on my reading list. 

6 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I thought I had read a Steve Berry book that mentioned amber, but I see it's not Cotton Malone and I'm pretty sure  what I am thinking of was one of his adventures.  I'm going to put that on my list as well.

I read the Lost Order (by Steve Berry) and the Columbus Affair, last month. Both were pretty good, I like his books.

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I am reading Comic Book Fever: celebrating comics from 1976-1986.

A great book with lots of internal information about a period of time in comicbooks that I am very fond of: 1976-1986. Ideally I started buying comics earlier, but that time period is when I was in full swing using the money I earned from delivering 2 paper routes.

I highly recommend the book, great reading!

tumblr_ohu7ivcuMh1t3i99fo1_1280.jpg

You know those were close to my collecting years also (about five years earlier) and with paper route money too ! about 50 customers !!

but even then i had my eyes on the elusive comics from days past... the ancient 1950's with a 10 cent cover price that i could only dream about and hear stories of someones in the neighborhoods older brother who may have had a stack of them , i could only dream while i bought my 20 - 30 cent cover price issues

fast forward 30 years latter and thanks to the intranet  i can now get the comics i could once only fantasize about !! and i have never looked back and have zero desire to ever own another from 1970 on........

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

I just finished it this morning...... it's the third Berry novel I've read, even though it's actually his first. If you enjoy Fiction with a strong undercurrent of well researched history then this and all of his works are well worth the time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 11/2/2017 at 9:18 PM, followtheleader said:

Old Dragonlance books.  

I've started the same book 3 times over the last 17 years.  Only got 1/2 way and stopped. 

Contrary to the above, it's a good book.  But this time I'm finishing it.

Patrick

Dragonlance  :cloud9:

I just finished a John Grisham book titled , "The Testament"   I really enjoyed it.  It was a page turner.

Now I'm reading the latest Alexander McCall Smith book " The House of Unexpected Sisters".  It's the new Mma Ramotswe #1 Ladies Detective Agency novel.