• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jive's too slow, so official "what did you win on Clink this month?"

167 posts in this topic

i keep thinking stuff like that too. my hypothesis is People who got burned in the stock market are playing with my funny pages books like they are stocks now

I'm of the housing market mind - if the prices seem to high its because they are..but that movie is on the horizon and everyone knows the insanity that ensues.

some many factors affecting value its hard to gauge sometimes.

I think one factor is tax refunds, people are starting to receive them now in the USA, I was in Best Buy yesterday and the place was crowded, electronics,Ipads, big TV’s and videogames were flying out of there, You could never tell the US economy was in a recession if you were in Best Buy yesterday.

2c

Seems like clink didnt have as many books this time around but I did manage to get one I .Its amazing how well the Comic Book market has held up in this economy, not booming per say, but still somewhat well groomed!Best Wishes to everyones winnings!

David

Davidking623

All you have to do is send the label in with the book. You can tell the ones that have been pressed because they are missing the silver RM/CLink sticker on the front.

Hmmm, so CGC, knowing that they graded the exact same book, would grade it again at a higher grade. Wouldn't they stand by their old grade?

What If the book is not a PED yet the label says 9.6 and you send it in cracked out yet with the label, will they give you a 9.6 again?

Any RM books that have gotten resubed come back with lower grades?

The graders never see the label or the previous grade of the book.

The label allows for the administrative staff to identify the Pedigree lineage of the book. Once the Ped status is established by admin, the book is put into a mylar and has a bar code slapped on it for identification. The graders never see the old label and they have no idea what the previous grade was. They simply grade the book as it sits in front of them, for better or for worse and enter the grade into the software with the bar code as the only identifier.

Thanks for the great explanation... I always wondered that )

Seems like clink didnt have as many books this time around but I did manage to get one I .Its amazing how well the Comic Book market has held up in this economy, not booming per say, but still somewhat well groomed!Best Wishes to everyones winnings!

David

Davidking623

The Marvel Silver Age keys are not only some of the best investments in comics but in all the collectables fields, kinda like getting a Topps Mickey Mantle rookie card, there will always be plenty of interest and bidders. :cloud9: