• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jive's too slow, so official "what did you win on Clink this month?"

167 posts in this topic

Won 3 SA Marvels.....all considerably under Last GPA sale. This one is my favorite of the three, and a book I've been hunting for for some time now at a decent price.

RAD0A4A2201122_94051.jpg

I really have nothing to add, I just wanted to gratuitously quote this scan so it takes even longer to scroll through this thread.

I do wish you wouldn't keep doing that.

Doing what? Gratuitously quoting the scan?

Or complaining about gratuitously quoting the scan?

I would say both, but I'm not 100% certain.

All right, I'm certain. Both.

In that case I will no longer gratuitously quote the scan.

Nor will I complain about gratuitous quoting of the scan.

hm

Won 3 SA Marvels.....all considerably under Last GPA sale. This one is my favorite of the three, and a book I've been hunting for for some time now at a decent price.

RAD0A4A2201122_94051.jpg

I really have nothing to add, I just wanted to gratuitously quote this scan so it takes even longer to scroll through this thread.

Doing what? Gratuitously quoting the scan?

Or complaining about gratuitously quoting the scan?

I would say both, but I'm not 100% certain.

All right, I'm certain. Both.

In that case I will no longer gratuitously quote the scan.

Nor will I complain about gratuitous quoting of the scan.

hm

hm hm

I'm not sure how the purchase price correlates to the attractiveness of a book.

Let's all sit and think about this statement for a moment. hm

You know what I mean... and I'm not talking about the correlation between grade and price. :taptaptap:

Didn't want to bid on the Cap #70 any more even though its the nicest copy I've ever seen. Anyone jousting with me on the Sub-Mariner #29 [no point beating each other over the head]? I think that book is going to go for 4x+ guide and its only a 5.0. Think I'm going to make a few SA purchases but it seems like some of these prices are a bit outrageous, consigners must be looking to use their sales credit to buy other books? I think I'm going to check out Heritage. :P

bought this smoker for over GPA - but still under-valued imho. white pages to boot.

avengers7_90-winn.jpg

VERY nice book! I really wanted that one but once it went over GPA just couldnt pull the trigger. The Avengers have been going so cheap lately i just cant pay GPA for them anymore but that one was VERY tempting!

CONGRATS!!!

RAD0A4A2201122_94051.jpg

VERY nice jive! (worship)

I thought the 9.4 i got in the last clink auction went really cheap but yours was significantly cheaper than i got mine! Mine is white pages but yours is definitely centered WAY better than the one i got last month!

av25.jpg

Even for the same price, i'd probably take yours over mine. For $200 cheaper, i'd DEFINITELY take yours! Great score, CONGRATS! :applause:

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

Does original owner necessarily mean unpressed? I don't think so. Buyers assuming so shouldn't assume so.

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

Does original owner necessarily mean unpressed? I don't think so. Buyers assuming so shouldn't assume so.

+1 (thumbs u

I think someone said it earlier but i dont know why anyone would assume OO equals unpressed??? If an OO has HG SA keys, i dont know why people think they wouldnt be pressed prior to submission.

For some reason, it seems that a lot of people equate OO to mean the guy was some bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person that has no idea the value of his comics and just turned them over to Clink or whoever without pressing them and maximizing the grade.

RAD0A4A2201122_94051.jpg

VERY nice jive! (worship)

I thought the 9.4 i got in the last clink auction went really cheap but yours was significantly cheaper than i got mine! Mine is white pages but yours is definitely centered WAY better than the one i got last month!

av25.jpg

Even for the same price, i'd probably take yours over mine. For $200 cheaper, i'd DEFINITELY take yours! Great score, CONGRATS! :applause:

I sense a deal in our future. hm

+1 (thumbs u

I think someone said it earlier but i dont know why anyone would assume OO equals unpressed??? If an OO has HG SA keys, i dont know why people think they wouldnt be pressed prior to submission.

For some reason, it seems that a lot of people equate OO to mean the guy was some bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person that has no idea the value of his comics and just turned them over to Clink or whoever without pressing them and maximizing the grade.

True. But what is just as difficult for me to understand is why people on this board assume that a book is going to be pressed and flipped just because it went for more than the last GPA sale. Makes absolutely no sense. I'm sure some will, but to automatically assume that every one will is just :screwy: