• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jive's too slow, so official "what did you win on Clink this month?"

167 posts in this topic

Didn't win a single book tonight...all my bids were easily outdone. This Featured Auction is nothing like the one in November.....I was buying great books left and right for well under GPA back then. Based on the last two Clink auctions, and the relative strength I've noticed on eBay recently, I think its going to be a pretty strong year for funny books.

I had thought the same thing. Very strong market this time out. I wonder if the November auction was just bad timing (Christmas time) or is it a reflection of the economy that seems to be making a comeback.

Either way, I was very pleased with the three books I sold. The JLA 1 4.5 was mine and it went for $912. - I didn't bid on anythig this time,being the three books I wanted went too far over what I felt comfortable paying.....But there is a book in the March auction I am going after bigtime !

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

Does original owner necessarily mean unpressed? I don't think so. Buyers assuming so shouldn't assume so.

If an OO collection was discovered within the last 5 or 6 years, and was brought to market by the likes of Doug, Josh or other stellar lights of our hobby, I definitely would NOT assume that they are unpressed.

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

Does original owner necessarily mean unpressed? I don't think so. Buyers assuming so shouldn't assume so.

If an OO collection was discovered within the last 5 or 6 years, and was brought to market by the likes of Doug, Josh or other stellar lights of our hobby, I definitely would NOT assume that they are unpressed.

If CLink pressed the Rocky Mountain books bfore they were auctioned, they must have had the worst presser in America work on them. Seems like at least 1/4 of the books have been pressed up since the original auction.

This is my best win of the night. It leaves me with only 26 more X-men to complete the run with all variants and reprints.

RAD5467C2011121_125412.jpg

Nice cheetah :applause:

Did you go after the #97? That was another one that surprised me.

+1!!!

$2100 for a 97 was a STRONG price! Definitely more than i thought by about $500.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the price the 8.0ow X-men #2 went for. $1201 was a pretty strong price for that book imo. With that price, it looks like robojo didnt make a cent on his attempt to rip me off on my 8.5ow/w (thumbs u

The price on the 97 surprised me too. But it was the last of the BA non-reprints I needed so I bid it to win it. Someone else must have had the same idea.

If CLink pressed the Rocky Mountain books bfore they were auctioned, they must have had the worst presser in America work on them. Seems like at least 1/4 of the books have been pressed up since the original auction.

If I recall, the RMs actually were not pressed when they were first brought to market. Perhaps someone who`s more knowledgeable about that collection could comment.

This is my best win of the night. It leaves me with only 26 more X-men to complete the run with all variants and reprints.

+1!!!

$2100 for a 97 was a STRONG price! Definitely more than i thought by about $500.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the price the 8.0ow X-men #2 went for. $1201 was a pretty strong price for that book imo. With that price, it looks like robojo didnt make a cent on his attempt to rip me off on my 8.5ow/w (thumbs u

The price on the 97 surprised me too. But it was the last of the BA non-reprints I needed so I bid it to win it. Someone else must have had the same idea.

You KNOW books are getting damn strong prices when cheetah is "bidding to win it" and doesn't!!! (thumbs u

Didn't win a single book tonight...all my bids were easily outdone. This Featured Auction is nothing like the one in November.....I was buying great books left and right for well under GPA back then. Based on the last two Clink auctions, and the relative strength I've noticed on eBay recently, I think its going to be a pretty strong year for funny books.

I had thought the same thing. Very strong market this time out. I wonder if the November auction was just bad timing (Christmas time) or is it a reflection of the economy that seems to be making a comeback.

Either way, I was very pleased with the three books I sold. The JLA 1 4.5 was mine and it went for $912. - I didn't bid on anythig this time,being the three books I wanted went too far over what I felt comfortable paying.....But there is a book in the March auction I am going after bigtime !

Isn't this the usual pattern?

I think I got crushed bidding in last year's Feb Auction.

I am thinking this news if it proves true will bring an ill-wind to the comic market by mid-year.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-double-dip-20110223,0,7569825.story

But if people buy a RM CGC book off CLINK, then crack it, press it and resub it... how do the books retain their RM ped status without the COA accompanying them??

All you have to do is send the label in with the book. You can tell the ones that have been pressed because they are missing the silver RM/CLink sticker on the front.

After 20 years of seriously collecting comic books I finally bid on and bought my first piece of original art. Nothing spectacular at all but cool to finally own an original piece of comic art.

congrats

+1!!!

You KNOW books are getting damn strong prices when cheetah is "bidding to win it" and doesn't!!! (thumbs u

Damn,this doesn't help me on my X-Men Registry Set :ohnoez:

Awesome pick up Cheetah :applause:

All you have to do is send the label in with the book. You can tell the ones that have been pressed because they are missing the silver RM/CLink sticker on the front.

Hmmm, so CGC, knowing that they graded the exact same book, would grade it again at a higher grade. Wouldn't they stand by their old grade?

What If the book is not a PED yet the label says 9.6 and you send it in cracked out yet with the label, will they give you a 9.6 again?

Any RM books that have gotten resubed come back with lower grades?

Hmmm, so CGC, knowing that they graded the exact same book, would grade it again at a higher grade. Wouldn't they stand by their old grade?

What If the book is not a PED yet the label says 9.6 and you send it in cracked out yet with the label, will they give you a 9.6 again?

Any RM books that have gotten resubed come back with lower grades?

The graders never see the label or the previous grade of the book.

The label allows for the administrative staff to identify the Pedigree lineage of the book. Once the Ped status is established by admin, the book is put into a mylar and has a bar code slapped on it for identification. The graders never see the old label and they have no idea what the previous grade was. They simply grade the book as it sits in front of them, for better or for worse and enter the grade into the software with the bar code as the only identifier.

Maybe not in all cases. People sometimes remove those annoying auction house stickers from their slabs.

Was able to pick up this great Romita/Palmer Dr. Doom splash. :sumo:

RADE88A62011111_171418.jpg

Is Doom on HGH?

Hard to tell with the mask and all that armor. But I think all of the soldiers look so dejected because they now KNOW what Doom wears under his kilt. :o