• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jive's too slow, so official "what did you win on Clink this month?"

167 posts in this topic

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

Does original owner necessarily mean unpressed? I don't think so. Buyers assuming so shouldn't assume so.

+1 (thumbs u

I think someone said it earlier but i dont know why anyone would assume OO equals unpressed??? If an OO has HG SA keys, i dont know why people think they wouldnt be pressed prior to submission.

For some reason, it seems that a lot of people equate OO to mean the guy was some bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person that has no idea the value of his comics and just turned them over to Clink or whoever without pressing them and maximizing the grade.

True. But what is just as difficult for me to understand is why people on this board assume that a book is going to be pressed and flipped just because it went for more than the last GPA sale. Makes absolutely no sense. I'm sure some will, but to automatically assume that every one will is just :screwy:

Thank you, Chris, and I agree completely. It is :screwy:

No one has mentioned it but without question the most shocking price i saw was the Avengers 12 9.6 went for over $9,000! :ohnoez:

Not top census and certainly not a particularly key book. For it to go for that kind of money was SHOCKING times 100! It went for WELL over what the 9.2r AF15 got, WELL over the 7.0 ASM1, WELL over DOUBLE the 9.2 ASM14! The list is endless.

I can only guess as a OO book, someone is hoping to press it to a 9.8. I'm not sure even a 9.8 Avengers 12 should command over 9k!

INSANE especially considering the weak prices Avengers have been getting lately.

Does original owner necessarily mean unpressed? I don't think so. Buyers assuming so shouldn't assume so.

Does original owner necessarily mean original owner? hm

Hard to know what to believe these days! But assuming everything's on the level, prices for HG SA are wacky strong in these auctions.

I made three bids on FF's and got blown out, but my fourth bid may have won if my wonderful wife hadn't rolled in to our office and had me scratch her itchy back during the final seconds...my bid came in too late and no book for me. :sorry:

Ahhh...what we do for love! :acclaim:

Dan

I landed this ARVEL miswrap for a price that made me (thumbs u

ASM25CGC92White.jpg

VERY nice Bruno! If i had known that i was going to get almost all of my Avengers bids blown away, i would have definitely gone after that Spidey! Sweet copy!

Thats 1 big advantage for the Spidey collectors is they get to go 1st and dont have to save their money for the later titles. Collecting a lot of X-men really blows sometimes when you let a ton of sweet Spideys, FF's, etc pass and then dont end up landing the X-men you were targeting!

Just once, i wish Clink would throw me a bone and go in reverse order and do the X-Men 1st (thumbs u

+1 (thumbs u

I think someone said it earlier but i dont know why anyone would assume OO equals unpressed??? If an OO has HG SA keys, i dont know why people think they wouldnt be pressed prior to submission.

For some reason, it seems that a lot of people equate OO to mean the guy was some bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person that has no idea the value of his comics and just turned them over to Clink or whoever without pressing them and maximizing the grade.

True. But what is just as difficult for me to understand is why people on this board assume that a book is going to be pressed and flipped just because it went for more than the last GPA sale. Makes absolutely no sense. I'm sure some will, but to automatically assume that every one will is just :screwy:

I agree. Just because a book sells for lots doesn't mean anything...but it is an easy way for us poor people to justify these prices.

lol

VERY nice book! I really wanted that one but once it went over GPA just couldnt pull the trigger. The Avengers have been going so cheap lately i just cant pay GPA for them anymore but that one was VERY tempting!

CONGRATS!!!

3 factors played into this book - white pages, pedigree, and insanely cool cover. If those 3 weren't there i would have back at GPA with you :cool:

I'm sure we could have a whole thread about strangely priced Avengers books. either the 9.8's/9.6's are over priced or the 9.2/9.4's are under priced (shrug) seems to vary book to book too with no good reason.

either way im a sucker for a cool cover - now i just need to find a sweet #12...

VERY nice book! I really wanted that one but once it went over GPA just couldnt pull the trigger. The Avengers have been going so cheap lately i just cant pay GPA for them anymore but that one was VERY tempting!

CONGRATS!!!

3 factors played into this book - white pages, pedigree, and insanely cool cover. If those 3 weren't there i would have back at GPA with you :cool:

I'm sure we could have a whole thread about strangely priced Avengers books. either the 9.8's/9.6's are over priced or the 9.2/9.4's are under priced (shrug) seems to vary book to book too with no good reason.

either way im a sucker for a cool cover - now i just need to find a sweet #12...

Agreed, there seems to be very little rhyme or reason on the Avengers prices the last few auctions. Last Clink auction, i bought like 10-12 Avengers and all but 1 or 2 were either the lowest GPA or 2nd lowest behind a sale 5-6 years ago. Last night, the prices were MUCH stronger on Avengers across the board. The only one that went WELL below GPA that i saw was the 9.6 Annual1 that i got. Most of the others were very close to or over GPA. I REALLY wanted the 21 but it went too high for me with the miswrap it had.

Hey, you could have had the 12 last night for just under 10 g's! :ohnoez:

I have generally known the players in the Avengers market for a while. It took two people to run the Avengers 4 and 12 up so high and I do not know who they were. Schmell already has them. Brulato, I assume, has them. Ghosttown doesn't usually do stupid bidding. Pastimperfekt wasn't involved and I wasn't involved.

It left me wondering if a former Dictator or one of his family members might have decided to move their money from oil into comic books.

i keep thinking stuff like that too. my hypothesis is People who got burned in the stock market are playing with my funny pages books like they are stocks now

I'm of the housing market mind - if the prices seem to high its because they are..but that movie is on the horizon and everyone knows the insanity that ensues.

some many factors affecting value its hard to gauge sometimes.

Won 3 SA Marvels.....all considerably under Last GPA sale. This one is my favorite of the three, and a book I've been hunting for for some time now at a decent price.

RAD0A4A2201122_94051.jpg

VERY nice jive! (worship)

I thought the 9.4 i got in the last clink auction went really cheap but yours was significantly cheaper than i got mine! Mine is white pages but yours is definitely centered WAY better than the one i got last month!

av25.jpg

Even for the same price, i'd probably take yours over mine. For $200 cheaper, i'd DEFINITELY take yours! Great score, CONGRATS! :applause:

Yup, I agree JTMOFO's copy is nicer, both nice books though. I am enjoying this thread, nice scores everyone! Keep posting them, I am envious!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3F1%3D1%26Focused%3D1%26id%3D1058%26TO%3D%26FROM%3D%26pg%3D4%26x%3D16%26y%3D8%23Item%5F877428&id=877428

i don't care if it's only one of two 9.6's currently in existence, there aren't thick enough beer goggles for me to shell out 1/10th the hammer price. $1200 :insane:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3F1%3D1%26Focused%3D1%26id%3D1058%26TO%3D%26FROM%3D%26pg%3D4%26x%3D16%26y%3D8%23Item%5F877428&id=877428

i don't care if it's only one of two 9.6's currently in existence, there aren't thick enough beer goggles for me to shell out 1/10th the hammer price. $1200 :insane:

Yeah that is one fugly miswrap. I don't mind miswraps if they are smallish and straight but that thing makes me want to :cry:

Got this for a steal, imho..

RAD2FA38201124_151952.jpg

WHITE pages for $350 under GPA? SOLD!

although perhaps its an omen that its popularity may be returning to a more normal level?? ;)

Either way, I don't care.. I'm ecstatic!