• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on latest Clink auction

35 posts in this topic

Notwithstanding comments in other threads suggesting that GA sales prices were weak in the latest auction, I thought they were a bit stronger than prices in the last couple of Clink auctions. Books that previously were going for 50% - 75% of Guide were getting close to Guide or better. And, as usual, there were some books that went for high multiples of Guide.

The disappointing prices seemed to be primarily for books that have been red-hot lately, and for which expectations run abnormally high. I'm sensing a very slight improvement in the GA market.

Thoughts?

The silver age keys sold below past prices. The FF 1 6.0 with the storestamp sold for just over $7k, well below GPA of 9-10k. The 5.5 Sold for only $5100, around $2000 below recent sales. AF 15, ToS 39 and even JIM 83 8.0 all sold lower than GPA. I keep watching these as I would eventually like to buy copies, but can't really afford them, yet...

The silver age keys sold below past prices. The FF 1 6.0 with the storestamp sold for just over $7k, well below GPA of 9-10k. The 5.5 Sold for only $5100, around $2000 below recent sales. AF 15, ToS 39 and even JIM 83 8.0 all sold lower than GPA. I keep watching these as I would eventually like to buy copies, but can't really afford them, yet...

I should have clarified that my comments were directed toward GA books. I have not been keeping up with the SA market.

Same here - didn't bid on a single GA book this time round.

Not helped by pushing the auction back an extra half hour. Psychologically harder staying awake for a start at 1am rather than 12.30am.

I would agree with the other comments posted here. Overall, I thought GA comics that would have sold at a marked discount to guide in the last two years were bringing much better prices.

While there were no "must haves" in this auction for me, there were a few "would like to haves" and a number of "only if it's a bargains" in there. I only got one and only at about 10 % below guide.

unfortunately, not only did I not pay attention, but I didn't bid this go around...meant too, but life keeps getting in the way...

Interesting that you two playas didn't participate and prices were stronger, yet in the past when you have bid prices have been soft. I sense a conspiracy hm

unfortunately, not only did I not pay attention, but I didn't bid this go around...meant too, but life keeps getting in the way...

Interesting that you two playas didn't participate and prices were stronger, yet in the past when you have bid prices have been soft. I sense a conspiracy hm

:whistle:

I thought several prices on GA were up. Going into the auction there were 3 "must have" books. In the last hours of the auction my must's went to maybe's and ended up as "no way I can pay that much". Below I've listed some of the numbers from the 3 books which might give a little more clarity to the story.

OSPG 650 Winning Bid $1001. Book 1

OSPG 495 Winning Bid. $605. Book 2

OSPG 831 Winning Bid $1230 Book 3

Only book 3 was the highest graded and was a 9.0. Both book 1 and 2 were 7.5's.

I thought several prices on GA were up. Going into the auction there were 3 "must have" books. In the last hours of the auction my must's went to maybe's and ended up as "no way I can pay that much". Below I've listed some of the numbers from the 3 books which might give a little more clarity to the story.

How did those prices compare to GPA?

:angel:

How did those prices compare to GPA?

Unfortunately, I don't subscribe to gpa, but I did look on Heritage archive and found the info below.

Book 1 CGC 7.5 , a 6.5 sold for 460 in 2005

Book 2 CGC 7.5, an 8.5 sold for 597 in 2009 and a 7.5 for 358 in 2006

Book 3 CGC 9.0, nothing close to compare