• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Love The Smell Of Old Comics

49 posts in this topic

They remind me of my youth. That is all for now.

Ditto, and well said (thumbs u

Part of the fun

Ditto Ditto. Every so often I take out an golden age book, quaff its dusky aroma, then roll on it like a sated jungle lion who has just eatten a fawn, mixing that mildewy old book funk with my own musky man-scent.

Odour is a very powerful trigger for memories.

My favourite paper stock is the one used in Russ Cochran's EC Library hardcover box sets. Takes me right back to the beginning of the 80s when I read the Weird Science books for the first time.

I agree, I like the smell of new cards as well.

I found some old card packs I had, the kind that used to have the gum inside. It was amazing how much you could smell the bubblegum after 30+ years. Of course it was brittle, and no I didn't chew it. lol

Wimp. I've chewed on gum more than forty years old, right out of the pack!

:cool:

I agree, I like the smell of new cards as well.

I found some old card packs I had, the kind that used to have the gum inside. It was amazing how much you could smell the bubblegum after 30+ years. Of course it was brittle, and no I didn't chew it. lol

Wimp. I've chewed on gum more than forty years old, right out of the pack!

:cool:

That explains so much

;)