• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Love The Smell Of Old Comics

49 posts in this topic

I agree, I like the smell of new cards as well.

I found some old card packs I had, the kind that used to have the gum inside. It was amazing how much you could smell the bubblegum after 30+ years. Of course it was brittle, and no I didn't chew it. lol

Wimp. I've chewed on gum more than forty years old, right out of the pack!

:cool:

That explains so much

;)

:signfunny:

I found some old card packs I had, the kind that used to have the gum inside. It was amazing how much you could smell the bubblegum after 30+ years. Of course it was brittle, and no I didn't chew it. lol

oooohhh gross.... wait I've done that, too...

I'm going one step further beyond the sniffing of the *spoon* and I'm going to say that I love the texture of the old newspaper print paper. Also for some reason, I love an older book with a little tonal change in the color of the paper, like petina to antique furniture, tanning adds character.

Here's some for you. hm

BigMamasHouseGiganticRedPanties.jpg

Greggy wouldn't appreciate you showing off his undies like that. It's just not polite.

I could'nt even imagine a woman that could fit into those. :eek:

.....Whole Lotta Rosey......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. The White Mountain collection has a particularly nice aroma.

Another page sniffer here. A nice big stack of comics has a very interesting smell. Add in the scent of root beer and a baloney sammich and I'm 9 years old again...for a little while at least. . Other scents that trigger the youngster in me are burning sparklers, black cherry soda, bubble gum, Dial soap and peanutbutter on whole wheat toast.

Notice that most of them are food related, strong relationships between scent, taste, and memory.

Id rather be sniffing

panties_off.jpg

hm ...mmm..interesting.. I love your perspective reasoning and high level of analytical thinking in approaching the subject of smell. It's worth looking into..(yes, I mean that quite literally) :grin:

I'm working on a Eau de Comic cologne. When I perfect it I will make MILLIONS!! (of pennies).

Here, this movie should give you an idea, but instead of beautiful women, you'll have to find about a dozen comic dweebs for you to develop the essence of comics.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91f41NqCcU

That explains so much

;)

I just broke my own record today and scarfed down a stick of gum from the 1957 Topps baseball cards. It crumbled into powder immediately so it wasn't any kind of a good chew.

:(

I am also a sniffer. I NEVER buy an old comic in person without a sniff. You can tell a lot about how it has been stored by the smell. If it has too much of a musty smell or no smell at all, the red flag appears no matter how good it looks. Nothing beat the smell of 40-year-old comic ink.

They remind me of my youth. That is all for now.

Ditto, and well said (thumbs u

Part of the fun

Ditto Ditto. Every so often I take out an golden age book, quaff its dusky aroma, then roll on it like a sated jungle lion who has just eatten a fawn, mixing that mildewy old book funk with my own musky man-scent.

And I thought the girl I kept in the well in my cellar made me a freak! :eek:

It puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again.

P.s. Everytime I open an older book the smell brings me back to when I first started going to my LCS.

Mike's Comic Hut for any other New Yorkers!