• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody scored bigtime on this Action Comics #10

236 posts in this topic

I think comiclink is the wrong venue for that book. Heritage would be a better bet if you negotiate the buyer's/seller's premium. But with Action 10, it may not matter that much.

Congrats Bob on the incredible pickup.

Nonsense. CLink is perfect for GA buyers of big $$ books who don't feel the need to see back cover scans or be able to track items without placing a bid.

:gossip: They provide a back cover scan on request.

How about a nice back scan in this thread. ;)

There's already the raw front & back scan earlier in this thread. :makepoint::baiting:

I did not scan the book once it was slabbed. :sorry:

I think comiclink is the wrong venue for that book. Heritage would be a better bet if you negotiate the buyer's/seller's premium. But with Action 10, it may not matter that much.

Nonsense. CLink is perfect for GA buyers of big $$ books who don't feel the need to see back cover scans or be able to track items without placing a bid.

How about a nice back scan in this thread. ;)

There's already the raw front & back scan earlier in this thread. :makepoint::baiting:

I did not scan the book once it was slabbed. :sorry:

I see, but Heritage scan. :baiting:

:gossip: If it's available, it's kind of dumb to make someone ask for it.

That said. I was just kidding a little. I think this book will do as well as or close to what it would at Heritage. But that's because of what book it is. Not because of the antiquated website Clink has.

Oh, no problem I just thought maybe I should explain why I chose Comiclink. I agree, they do need an upgrade. I so much wish they would get a "search by publisher" option. Sux to have to pull up each individual title. :frustrated:

I didn't want to pick a buyer, as there were no less than 8 separate people who contacted me regarding this book. I feel the only fair thing to do was put it up for auction where all interested parties have an equal shot at the book can duke it out with Mr. Deep Pockets standing last!! :banana:

Fixed that for ya!

Seriously though, you don't have to explain yourself to anybody. Somebody is going to get one fantastic book, and you are going to double your money.

Win Win!

:D

Here's the skinny; I decided I would prefer to use Comiclink & have my own reasons. I feel this book will do just fine just about anywhere it would be listed, so that's just a personal preference. I don't actively collect early Actions or Detectives, they are a whee bit pricey for my tastes. Selling this book will fund a lot of future purchases that do meet my collecting preferences. I didn't want to pick a buyer, as there were no less than 8 separate people who contacted me regarding this book. I feel the only fair thing to do was put it up for auction where all interested parties have an equal shot at the book. And that's about it. It's a great book and semi-affordable with SUPPLE pages.....I think I'll at least double my money. :whistle:

I hope that takes care of the debate & that we can all now either bid on the book (bid early, bid often, bid high) or sit back and find out what the market thinks the book is worth. I do hope it goes to a good home. :foryou:

:applause:

I didn't want to pick a buyer, as there were no less than 8 separate people who contacted me regarding this book. I feel the only fair thing to do was put it up for auction where all interested parties have an equal shot at the book can duke it out with Mr. Deep Pockets standing last!! :banana:

Fixed that for ya!

Seriously though, you don't have to explain yourself to anybody. Somebody is going to get one fantastic book, and you are going to double your money.

Win Win!

:D

Only double his money? I think he would be really angry if he only doubled his money (:

I think early Action collectors should be very thankful FUELMAN is putting the book up on auction. The book could have been bought by anyone and never seen again. But thankfully all those chomping at the bit for an Action 10 and missed out here is the chance. I agree with FUELMAN that since he does not choose to keep it, an auction is the greatest option out there. Sure it will cost some large chunk of change to win but its gonna be on the chopping block for all!

Pretty "suh-weeet" if you ask me! :cool:

I think early Action collectors should be very thankful FUELMAN is putting the book up on auction. The book could have been bought by anyone and never seen again. But thankfully all those chomping at the bit for an Action 10 and missed out here is the chance. I agree with FUELMAN that since he does not choose to keep it, an auction is the greatest option out there. Sure it will cost some large chunk of change to win but its gonna be on the chopping block for all!

+1

It's an incredibly rare and incredibly desirable issue that's now being made available to the public.

The motivation to sell and venue chosen are both completely up to the seller.

Either way, someone is going to end up landing a phenomenal book. (thumbs u

An auction gives everyone a fair shot to win but could also cause a bidding war.

An action gives everyone a fair shot to win but could also cause a bidding war.

One can only hope

An action gives everyone a fair shot to win but could also cause a bidding war.

One can only hope

Yes.....that would be terrible......... :devil:

lol

I fully expect this book to do extremely, extremely well. I think some eyebulbs might pop at the number. One (okay now two) owners, unrestored, untouched, presents super well for grade, pent up demand = one happy Fuelman

I am glad this is going for auction, and glad somebody provided the link. I enjoy telling the story as it is so far, but it needs an ending, and now we're going to get one.

......in about 9 weeks. lol