• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody scored bigtime on this Action Comics #10

236 posts in this topic

Fuelman , ignore those ridiculous ethic posts. He is just sour that he didn't land it for that price. This is just one aspect that makes collecting even greater. Great buys makes people happy.

Congrats Bob!

What's the book worth?

If it comes out 2.5-3.0, I'd estimate $10k-$12k ish. :cool:

Wow!

actioncomics10.jpg

There is no "third staple". Centerfold is firmly attached at both staples. Cream to off-white pages & supple. Book is on it's way to CGC.

Congratulations on a great find, FUELMAN! I love when people on these boards write, "I've had it with eBay! I'll never use it again!" More nuggets for the rest of us!

Here's my 2c

As everyone here, I'm annoyed at the childish sour grapes posts.

As everyone else has said in regards to "ethical behavior"

Our fellow boardie buyer absolutely did NOTHING unethical at all. $200 was the asking price, he paid the price and got the book. All fair and dandy. Was it a great deal? Yes. Would anyone of us have taken the deal. Yes! Does the woman selling seem to care. From what I read NO.

So fuelman deserves every right to enjoy and also do with the book whatever he pleases, including flipping for a profit. This is AMERICA!

He did NOTHING unethical he just did what any of us would have done.

Again great find and congrats on the amazing pickup fuelman. :cloud9:

actioncomics10.jpg

There is no "third staple". Centerfold is firmly attached at both staples. Cream to off-white pages & supple. Book is on it's way to CGC.

Congratulations on a great find, FUELMAN! I love when people on these boards write, "I've had it with eBay! I'll never use it again!" More nuggets for the rest of us!

This scan should be posted on the hour every hour for the next month. Finding a book like this is what collecting is really about. For most of us, getting books is just waiting for them to come up at auction and then cutting the check. In the olden days (1980s) for you young folks, collecting was about being constantly on the hunt. You had to hit the local shops every week, peruse the ads, go to conventions. This was definitely an old school find.

This scan should be posted on the hour every hour for the next month. Finding a book like this is what collecting is really about. For most of us, getting books is just waiting for them to come up at auction and then cutting the check. In the olden days (1980s) for you young folks, collecting was about being constantly on the hunt. You had to hit the local shops every week, peruse the ads, go to conventions. This was definitely an old school find.

+1000. Well said

Wow, this thread was cleansed by the mods.... My post is MIA

Yep, my posts are gone too. Well, that will teach me to stand up for what's right. (tsk)

No good deed goes unpunished. :baiting: