• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody scored bigtime on this Action Comics #10

236 posts in this topic

I wonder how it would have done if the auction was run right here...

I actually think it would do pretty well. We have sum deep pocket fellas around here.

This book just doesn't come up for sale, it's gonna be fun to watch even if your not bidding.

The original seller of the Action #10 is now selling some sort of Superman-related flyer / letter thing associated with the 1940 World's Fair. Looks pretty cool.

Here's the auction item on eBay.

I wouldn't normally post this, but I think the original seller deserves some sort of boost after giving up Action #10 for $200.

It appears to be won by Empire Collectibles, a board member.
He should send it to CGC.

This is some kind'a weird time-warp thingy going on here. Did I just win another one of these things?!? :o

The original seller of the Action #10 is now selling some sort of Superman-related flyer / letter thing associated with the 1940 World's Fair. Looks pretty cool.

I wouldn't normally post this, but I think the original seller deserves some sort of boost after giving up Action #10 for $200.

It's good of you to do that.

Maybe on this item the seller can do a little better than one percent of its value.

It appears to be won by Empire Collectibles, a board member.
He should send it to CGC.

This is some kind'a weird time-warp thingy going on here. Did I just win another one of these things?!? :o

lol

It's good of you to do that.

Maybe on this item the seller can do a little better than one percent of its value.

:roflmao:

I recently did a BIN on ebay for an All-Select #1 and the seller cancelled the transaction and then Ebay asked me if I would agree to it. The seller said there was a mix-up as the reason for cancelling the transaction. I agreed to cancel the transaction. How can Ebay enforce the transaction if the book is no longer available? In this situation with the Action #10 going for $200 couldn't the seller cancel the transaction if she still had the book and she realized her huge mistake in selling it for almost nothing?

There are only 3 possibilities:

1) they didn't realize

2) they did and stuck to the agreed transaction or

3) they tried to cancel it but eBay didn't let them.

I suspect in the Action 10's case, it was either 1 or 2, with a likely 1 as to what happened.

Me, I am sorry I saw the low BIN on Rex, the Wonder Dog # 10 too late earlier in the week. :sorry:

I believe the transaction was completed in 2 days. Bob hit bin in like 7 minutes of listing. Paid immediately and 2 days later a priority mail box arrived. So I believe (and bob can correct or clarify) he had the book before anyone even realized and seller received messages after she had already sent hm

My understanding is that it was #2. The person got their asking price, and although multiple people messaged her with higher offers, she followed through with the transaction. Now thar's integrity.
That was my understanding as well.

My understanding is that it was #2. The person got their asking price, and although multiple people messaged her with higher offers, she followed through with the transaction. Now thar's integrity.
That was my understanding as well.

Yep, that was my understanding as well. :shy: