• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Politically incorrect covers!

129 posts in this topic

sfcityduck, I will agree regarding how many Asian-Americans lived in the West. But then, as now, the majority of the population of the United States is not in the West. In 1939, how many Asians lived in Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Wisconsin, etc...?

I AM hopeful that things won't happen like that again. The world is much smaller now. We converse with people globally now. Most likely, anyone that is reading this right now is reading something from someone not in their hometown, and maybe not even in their home country. I routinely trade collectibles with people from the former East Germany, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, and Russia. Would this have been possible forty years ago when I was a child? Not likely.

I think this is a wonderful thing. Even just as a collector, I have so much more access to things that I never thought possible. And yes, I am extremely optimistic about this world and all of us in it.

Hey PowderedH2O, thanks for the positive insight! Welcome to the Boards - hope you stick around!

Speaking of men's sweat magazines then, here are scans of my entire collection of Wildcat magazines:

WildcatDecember.jpg

WildcatFebruary.jpg

The women are flabby and out of shape by modern standards but the cover concepts are great!

(thumbs u

By the way, I realize these are outside the topic's boundaries, and I hope they don't violate board policy, but these are some of the most politically incorrect publications I've ever seen. (Circa about 1964.)

newmansstory.jpg

I hadn't realized that the Nazis were still mistreating scantily clad damsels in 1964. I thought they'd stopped doing so a full ten years earlier.

(shrug)

Speaking of men's sweat magazines then, here are scans of my entire collection of Wildcat magazines:

WildcatDecember.jpg

WildcatFebruary.jpg

The women are flabby and out of shape by modern standards but the cover concepts are great!

(thumbs u

you mean women who are actually shaped like women?

By the way, I realize these are outside the topic's boundaries, and I hope they don't violate board policy, but these are some of the most politically incorrect publications I've ever seen. (Circa about 1964.)

newmansstory.jpg

I hadn't realized that the Nazis were still mistreating scantily clad damsels in 1964. I thought they'd stopped doing so a full ten years earlier.

(shrug)

some things never go out of style :cloud9:

Does a woman being spanked with a hairbrush by (what looks like) a dwarf in front of several applauding babies qualify as "politically correct," or just "utterly messed up"? From Sensation Comics #31:

sensation31-splash.jpg

You overlooked the bondage angle! :o ... :grin:

And the fact that WW is apparently enjoying it (and winking)

If you look into William Moulton Marston's personal history, the whole concept of Wonder Woman becomes a bit...disturbing.

Key word: Olive.

Thanks Jayman. Now, here is a question for anybody who knows their way around these forums:

Didn't there used to be (in the General section) a forum that was full of "sexual innuendo" comic covers and panels?

I tried searching for numerous terms ("innuendo," "suggestive," "gladly refund your nickel" (from Archie #50), and so on) and was unable to locate the thread.

Was the entire thread deleted, or is it buried and I'm using the wrong search terms?

It was a hilarious thread, full of images like the panel in Spiderman where his aunt gets sticky stuff on her hand, or where Robin shows Batman a leather thong and says "it still has your teeth marks," or when Batman says "Papa spank!", or the Matt Baker cover where there's text balloons about the woman who knows how to "hold D'ick."

Just curious...

Here are a few more. After this, I'm done and we can get back to Golden Age political incorrectness, if you prefer.

This first one is a recent find (for about $10). The back cover is as awesome as the front cover.

mag-girlhunt.jpg

I enjoy the femme-fatality of these two --

mag-policedetective.jpg

This first one is another Man's Story spin-off. The 2nd one is just, well, appealing.

mag-daringeyeful.jpg

So, again, does anybody know if the mods here deleted the Double Entrendre thread from the general message area? Is it possible they felt it was too racy and nixed an entire thread?