• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Politically incorrect covers!

129 posts in this topic

Post scans of the most politically incorrect comic book covers by today's standards from your collection! I'll start:

BlackCat43.jpg

Poor preppies. I guess they didn't realize that the mysteries of the Dark Continent weren't for them to unravel. She anyway is about to get the point.

(thumbs u

Politically incorrect or patently racist?

Actually, the first one you posted isn't bad. The figures are not drawn in any crazy stereotypical way or anything. And what is shown is hardly outside the realm of historical possibility (though not so much in the 1950's).

Here's the back cover ad promoting Young Allies #1 from Human Torch #5. Hey, it is a cover, just the back cover. (:

The depiction and description of Whitewash Jones have to rank among the most politically incorrect statements in comics.

And we wouldn't want to offend Uncle Joe Stalin, who went from enemy to ally from the time this ad was published to the time when the actual comic came out.

humantorch5bc.jpg

I think this cover would be considered politically incorrect but I think the guy in front,

that is being attacked by the tiger, is expessing the appropriate response.

I know a scream and arm waving is about all I would manage in a similar situation.

However, I would prefer a fedora to the straw hat.

2483108400_31c0bc2b4c_z.jpg

Does a woman being spanked with a hairbrush by (what looks like) a dwarf in front of several applauding babies qualify as "politically correct," or just "utterly messed up"? From Sensation Comics #31:

sensation31-splash.jpg

You overlooked the bondage angle! :o ... :grin:

Does a woman being spanked with a hairbrush by a dwarf in front of several applauding babies qualify as "politically correct," or just "utterly messed up"? From Sensation Comics #31:

sensation31-splash.jpg

Sounds like a good night out to me.

Does a woman being spanked with a hairbrush by (what looks like) a dwarf in front of several applauding babies qualify as "politically correct," or just "utterly messed up"? From Sensation Comics #31:

sensation31-splash.jpg

You overlooked the bondage angle! :o ... :grin:

...and literally a *SPOON* in her mouth.

JPS