• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread : CLASSIFIED !!

100 posts in this topic

Michael KUSELY

Birth Date: 30 Apr 1947

Death Date: 7 Mar 2000

Death Residence Localities

ZIP Code: 91202

Localities: Glendale, Los Angeles, California

lol The detectives are at work

Well, the building still exists. Kinda doubt that Lorne still lives there, though. That's 197 Wellesley St E., on the corner of Wellesley and Bleecker (even though Google Maps says it's 194... zoom in on the number above the door):

Thats amazing Drew :o

TBG148comicslotforsale.jpg

After all, it really IS all about who has the most comics in the neighborhood :takeit:

I believe this guy is making a good living nowadays writing eBay listings for scammers.

Here is my own ad I ran with a collecting friend of mine in the late 70's Notice the total disclosure of resto. Pretty honest for a couple of 15 year olds. :o

I remember that FF #1 well. It went through a flood and would be an excellent pressing candidiate. lol We thought we were hot mess with that one.

scan0005-2.jpg

TBG148GAforsale.jpg

Oh, the prices :cloud9:

Check out his refs...heavy hitters indeed.

So you could own a full run of X-Men, Conan, Daredevil, and Avengers for about $750. Comes out to less than $2 a book and in NM condition at a minimum, too!

Here is my own ad I ran with a collecting friend of mine in the late 70's Notice the total disclosure of resto. Pretty honest for a couple of 15 year olds. :o

I remember that FF #1 well. It went through a flood and would be an excellent pressing candidiate. lol We thought we were hot mess with that one.

scan0005-2.jpg

Hey, thats cool !! Do you wish you had it back ?? Hopefully, I'll come across something of my own on this search.

BTW.... if anyone has old issues of TBG they wanna sell CHEAP drop me a line. I'm kinda focused in the years '75 - '81. Oooops..... Hope I don't have to put this in the "looking to buy" forum now :wishluck:

Yea, theres some long timers there. Its interesting to me to see all the different names back then. Some are just gone, and some rose to various heights in this ....... :popcorn: ...... thing.

So you could own a full run of X-Men, Conan, Daredevil, and Avengers for about $750. Comes out to less than $2 a book and in NM condition at a minimum, too!

Oh, for a time machine..... course I guess then you could just go back to when they were new on the racks

TBG148GAforsale.jpg

Based upon those prices, this ad must have come out well before my time. Any idea when this ad came out.

BTW: The first book I ever picked up came from one of these ads by Snyder. By then, he had moved to Indiana and had added Bob Overstreet as one of his references. Definitely a power comic broker at the time who very seldom ever had to place ads in CBG.

I remember his ad at the time had a HG copy of Plyboy #1 for $750 and a NM run of Hawkman #1 - #10 for only $100. Not surprisingly, virtually all of the books in his ad were gone by the time I had given him a call. :takeit:

I try to avoid almost all threads in the General section but I have to admit one titled "Classified" drew me in! ;)

Congrats on your 5000th post! (thumbs u

Thanks Mark.....uh, Mr. Zaid :grin:

How about the ad with Danny boy and his gang at Fantasia burning the price guide while standing in front of a rack filled with Action #1, 'Tec #27, Captain America #1, etc.

What a riot as they used to run that ad quite often. (tsk)